Orbs

They dont seem like much, pretty unassuming. But these orbs are one of the biggest pain in the necks for the agency.

Orbs situate themselves in well-populated buildings, like schools or plazas. They have a psychic ability to cause people to start walking towards it. it's like your body is moving on its own. That's because it is, the orb causes your muscles to start walking you to it.

It's impossible to resist, you can slow yourself down but you can't stop. Once you get into a certain radius around the orb you die, it's nothing fancy, just instant brain death. 

The more it kills the bigger it gets, and in turn the death radius as well. The only way to destroy them is overwhelming firepower. Stuff like tanks and helicopters, as you can notice with the choice of weapons we have to use secrecy isn't really a top priority like it is with other jobs.

This is one of the major gripes the higher-ups have about these, the path of destruction these wreak there's no chance for it going under the radar.

The first one we found, broke the veil of secrecy and ousted us into the public light. It popped up in a school playground during recess.

Since that day we had to come forward to the people, and tell them what we were and what we were facing. In a move to get people to understand we spilled the beans, We told them about the monsters, Not all of them mind you just a good few. 

 We expected the people to criticize us, or them to panic,  call us out for being a shady paramilitary group, or something else. 

But the people didn't hate us, sure we had out detracters, still do in fact. But the people realized the threat ahead and knew we were the best bet against them. After all, we had been doing it for a while, why not let us keep doing it.

Where were we? oh yeah, Orbs.

If you're sent on an orb call you're guaranteed at least 50 others are coming along. Luckily the additional hazard pay is decent, not the best but it's good enough.

Kind of a short one, not much to really explain, another shoot it until it dies type of thing. -Void