Part 22

"What brings you here this late at night, Hisako," Yumi said upon entering the mess hall of the Polar Star Dorm.

"Nakiri ran away from home," Soma said.

"Can you please shelter Erina for a while?" Hisako pleads.

"Oh." Yumi blinked. " I think there's room on the third floor if she wants to stay here."

"Won't there be problems if such an important person stays at the dorm," Marui asks.

"They'll treat us as kidnappers!" Yuki exclaims. "Wouldn't it be a good idea not to stick our necks into troublesome things?"

"To begin with, why did she run away?"

"I guess, I must tell you," Hisako said sadly. "Please don't tell anyone what I'm about to tell you."

One angsty backstory later...

"Thank you for the bath," Erina politely bows. "I really appreciate it."

"Nakiri!!" They all wept after listening to her tragic tale.

"Azami was it? He pisses me off." Daigo said, wiping away his manly tears.

"Yeah! No parent does that, Dammit!" Shoji adds.

"You can stay in the dorm for as long as you want, ok? Erina-cchi!" Yuki placed a hand on Erina's shoulder reassuring her with tears in her eyes.

"Erina-cchi?" Nakiri exclaims, shocked by the nickname. "By Erina-cchi, do you mean me?"

"Nakiri, have you eaten dinner yet?" Isshiki asked.

"Not yet..." She answers.

"That's perfect then!" He said, then proudly gestured to the rest. "Everyone! We have a special guest in the Polar Star Dorm! Let's have a banquet to celebrate it!"

Amongst the loud cheer, only Erina looked around confused and rightfully so.

"First is my dish," Daigo exclaims. "I slowly cooked white flesh fish with cold butter! I gave it a mellow finish to make the best of the fish flesh's delicate qualities!"

"How is it? How is it?" He asked confidently after Nakiri took her first bite into his dish.

"I think you've made good use of the ingredients' flavors." She comments.

"Right?" Daigo grins proudly.

"However-" She cuts him off. "The cold butter definitely gives it a mellow finish, but it also gives it a heavy taste... Why didn't you think of adding sourness by using wine vinegar or something similar to keep the dish balanced? That's a big minus. For the sauce, you used Vin Jaune and Macvin Du Jura, didn't you" Nakiri coldly remarked. "You should've thought of a better arrangement that made the best use of Vin Jaune's particular walnutesque aroma. There are around five other mistakes in this dish... But in general, it's no good at all."

"Man she's brutal with the assessment." Yumi laughed at the miserable criticism. "Wouldn't want her to be my boss."

"BRING IT ON, DAMMIT!" Daigo roars.

"His spirit is on fire," Yumi said, standing closely holding a stick with a marshmallow.

"It's the perfect opportunity to have the God Tongue taste our dishes," Marui said.

This is a bit exciting." Ryoko nodded.

"Maybe I should bring what I smoked yesterday," Ibusaki said heading towards his room to retrieve said item.

"Hey, I can't eat that much!" Nakiri shouts, but her protest fell on deaf ears.

"Erina-cchi, taste my dish too!" Yuki said, pushing a plate of ribs onto Nakiri.