Part 25

Happy 2022 guys!!

*********

Yumi stopped in front of the entrance leading into the third floor of Venue D. "It's awfully quiet. Is there still a match going on?" She pushed past the two doors and took a quick glance around.

Her eyes landed on the stage at the center of the arena. She immediately recognizes her classmates, Kurokiba, Alice, Megumi, Takumi, and her brother. Standing on the other side is a second-year duo Yumi has never met before. The one hunched over is a blonde male. And the other one is a pink-haired female. There's not much to work with here when that's all Yumi can see standing on the third floor.

And although she has no context of the situation she can easily tell which side won just by the vibe of the room.

It's not like she can just tilt her head slightly and see the giant billboard that displays the scores 3-0 in Kurokiba's favor.

"Kusunoki. I seem to recall telling you to win all your matches." Oh yeah, and the current Headmaster is on the second floor condescendingly berating the second year.

"Ha, deserved." Yumi laughed at the others' misery, completely unbiased.

"But headmaster, Ren did actually win his other matches I think you should..." the one with pink hair tried to defend her colleague but her voice trailed off after seeing the cold threatening glare of the headmaster.

"Nevertheless Headmaster Azami, among the thirty-three matches That were held across the four venues today. Is it not true that Central has 31 wins and 2 losses." The assistant next to him informs.

"Two losses?" The headmaster looks over for confirmation.

"Yes, Yukihira Yumi won her match in Venue C ."

"Oh good on her." Soma blinked. "But damn, Central wiped the table with the other societies."

"Ryou won as well," Alice states firmly with her hand to her hips. "Given what transpired here. I wonder if you can still say with confidence that your ideas are absolutely correct."

"And here I was thinking that you would be amenable to my true gourmet utopia." He replies. "How unfortunate. The duty of ever advancing the gourmet world falls to the Nakiri Clan. That is the reason for this revolution."

"I can not come to terms with your methods, uncle. "She coldly rejects. "Nor do I want to! That's all there is to it."

"Yeah, you tell him, Alice," Soma shouts. "That's the guy that tried to destroy our dorm!"

What a pity, a hopeless child to the last." He sighs. "First you kidnap my beloved daughter from under my nose, how dare you have the nerve to mouth off to my face." The headmaster darkly addressed.

"I couldn't care less," Alice firmly retorts, anger seething from her every word. "I will never forget what you did, Uncle." She took a deep breath. "I am angry!"

"I hate you, uncle Azami."

"Did I miss a flashback just now?" Yumi asked, tilting her head. "What is a flashback?"

"Wait, that's not important right now." She shook her head, waking herself back to reality. From across the hall, she spots two familiar figures arriving at the venue. Even with the distance between them, she can still make out their distinct features. One belongs to Erina, and the other is Satoshi. As soon as she saw the latter, Yumi's face lit up, "my husband has arrived." she softly whispers, smiling from ear to ear she quickly made her way through the crowd towards him.

"I will not let you have your way any longer! Not with Erina." Alice loudly declares. "And not with Totsuki!"

"Is that so well, do your best," Azami replies.