Part 3

3 years ago

"Did you hear? Mei Ayuma is challenging a middle schooler..." A random student told his friend.

"The 8th seat?"

"There is no way Ayuma-senpai actually accepted." A female overheard the conversation and joined.

"I heard she initiated the challenge." Another joined.

"Who is the challenger?"

"I think her name is Yuki... Yumi?"

"What a nameless person? They must be living a pipe dream."

They all nodded agreeing. "a frog tasting a swan's meat."

This rumor has been spreading around for quite a while. I don't even remember challenging anyone to a shokugeki...

Unless it was that one time...

Flashback

"I challenge you to a shokugeki!!!" Someone suddenly bellowed as soon as I walked through the door of a kitchen.

I just stood there, thoroughly confused about the situation. I only came here to borrow a few ingredients. That I know I will never return.

It all been arranged so don't worry about it." She said after getting a better look at me. "all you have to do is pick a theme."

Flashback End

I only later find out it was all just a dare made by her friends, and the bet was some rare ingredient that is said to even make a god tongue inheriter to drool. Which I refuse to believe.

I had no choice but to accept it because it was already authorized.

*************

Do both parties agree with the terms?

"The loser shall perform one task for the winner, within their abilities and does not violate any federal law."

"I agree" Ayumi proclaims.

"I agree" Yumi proclaims as well with a sigh.

"so what theme did you pick." She asked me.

"Why don't you pick the theme," I suggest.

"very well, but remember it's your funeral." She smirked before declaring, "The theme I choose is cheese."

"Very well." I took off my bandage on my arm and with it braided my hair into a tight bun.

"Now then you two have 3 hours to come up with a dish that shall deliver you to victory... and your time starts now." The host declares.

"I took a look through your profile, nothing really special about you..." Ayumi decided to start a conversation with me after the hour mark. "You came from a small family diner, and your grades aren't that significant. How did you manage to not get expelled."

(a/n): Plot armor... and many, many plot holes...

"in fact when I asked some of your classmates, barely any of them recognize you." She continues to speak.

I didn't say anything, more like I couldn't even hear her. It's a bad trait for someone who worked at a diner. In my concentration state, my ears are shut off to the outside world, the only thing I can hear is the crackles of the flames and the sizzling of the oil. It's a different story for my eye through which could see everything.

Ayumi was still waving her hand desperately trying to gain my attention but gave up soon after I refuse to acknowledge she was there.

"It seems that Ms. 8th Seat is first to present her dishes to the judges." The host proudly declares, "It seems that the challenger, Yukihira Yumi is also finished.

***********

The result. 3-0 It's a sweeping victory for Yukihira Yumi.

"What!?!?" Ayumi screamed in denial. "How?"

Huffing I took off the bandage letting my hair ravel down my back. Then pointed at her and eyed her plate. "your food is so bland."

"and how would you know, you didn't even taste it."

"I don't need to." I glared. "I can tell just with my eyes. Your cooking is nothing special."

I mocked her with the same words she used on me at the beginning of the competition. "how did you even become an Elite Ten? So weak."

Walking towards my stove and prepared a plate and handed it to her. "taste it, it's the food that caused you to suffer defeat" I watched her take a bite, her facial expression told me everything I needed to see as it sends her to cloud 9.

"See you around 8th Seat." I turned back around, this time glaring down on her. "oh, my mistake it's now former Elite Ten."

"Please make the proper arrangement to rid her position."

*****************

"That was her first taste of victory and it seems like she couldn't escape... she had gotten addicted to Shokugekis." Isshiki explains. "and it was eating away at her."