Part 26

"It's Hokkaido!"

"This is my first time in Hokkaido." Yuki wept tears of joy, jumping through the snow.

"Same here" Ryoko joins her.

"Well, this brings back memories," Yumi said, stretching out the fatigue from sitting on a train.

"Wha? you came here before?" Yuki asked, rolling some snow for a snowman.

"I had a lot of time during my suspension." Yumi shrugs.

"Then give us a tour?" Yuki asks excitedly, her eyes sparkled with anticipation just hoping her answer is yes. Yumi flinched at the girl's enthusiasm, grimacing at the thought of actually walking to places.

Before Yumi could respond, Erina cut in, "this isn't the time to be so carefree!"

"But Professor Erina." Yuki whines.

"Did you all come here to play?" Erina reprimanded coldly. "Is this really the time to be frolicking about in the snow?"

"Oh thank goodness." Yumi breathed a sigh of relief. She does feel an ounce of pity for the rest of Polar Star; the lectures given by Nakiri are pretty intense compared to any of their professors. Though admittedly they were very effective. Of course, she sat through her courses, why not, she's in school for a reason... just ignore the fact that she's trying to get herself expelled.

**********

At the venue for the first assignment.

"The first exam will be held in multiple rooms in a team. There will be 5 people per team to cook one dish and if the dish is below satisfactory then all five students will be expelled. The academy has already formed the groups." Yumi squinted as she read the instructions on the whiteboard. "Clearly the organizers haven't graduated primary, I count six on this team."

"So our team is with these members," Soma said. "Wow, the teams are formed quite blatantly."

"Soma," Yumi said, patting his head. "Stop using big words."

"It seems like they put us rebels into one team." Yuki bit her nail anxiously.

"Even Alice?" Megumi asked shocked

"I'm fine because this will be a good opportunity to upset Uncle Azami." Alice chuckles. "Anyway, I heard that you guys received a Hokkaido lecture from Erina!" She pouts, changing the subject. "If you had asked me I could've given you way more useful information than she can."

"I'm sure you will," Yumi mutters.

"It seems like Takumi and the other room," Soma said, glancing around.

"Same goes for Mito and Arato," Megumi adds. "I'm sure they were grouped into the same team just like us."

"Lady Erina, you are assigned to this team." One of the men in black suits guided Nakiri to a group of girls securing their team with a fifth member. The other members squealed with delight, inviting her graciously.

"And Erina-chhi is separated from us so that she can be promoted safely."

"That team is going to get hard carried by her," Yumi said shaking her head. "I'm almost jealous."

"Alright, nice to meet you. I am Hiroi, a Professor of Tootsuki and the judge for this room." a middle-aged woman introduced herself as she stood in front of the room. "The theme ingredient for this room will be 'Salmon'. If you can produce a salmon dish that I am satisfied with then you pass"

"Salmon?"

"Ooh! Salmon, aren't we lucky with the theme?" Yuki shouts excitedly, gesturing to Kurokiba. "Our team consists of shellfish expert Kurokiba. He even won against a 2nd-year student from Central in a shokugeki last time! Also, Megumi is from a port town." She grins. "With a theme like this, we may have a chance to pass!"