Part 30

As the season of cherry blossom passed and a warm sun now smiles down on us daily. Here at Totsuki Academy, nearly four months have passed since the heated shokugeki against Central.

"Ryoko! Yumi! Pick up the pace or we're gonna be late for class." Yuki shouts running down the halls.

"Why the hell did I let you talk me into taking morning classes?" Yumi yawns, rubbing her eyes as Yuki drags her by the arm to the next class.

"Wait, slow down." Ryoko ran after them.

As proud representatives of the 92nd generation. We have successfully become Second Years.

News of Central's disbandment spread throughout the culinary world and many welcomed the birth of the new administration led by Erina Nakiri. Some skeptics questioned whether or not Totsuki should remain in the hands of the Nakiri family. However, with Erina's natural charisma and leadership, those doubts were firmly tossed aside. That's not to say she accomplished this feat alone. She has Hisako, her closest friend, the Council of the Elite Ten, and us, the members of Polar Star, as her support.

"I'll bet my First Seat on a shokugeki and any of you are free to challenge me," Soma spoke directly to the audience that held the student population. "As I am right now I still can't defeat Erina, Tsukasa-senpai, Rindo-senpai, or any of the other seniors in a one-on-one battle. You don't have to wager anything against me, so join me in polishing our skills to the pinnacle."

With Soma's declaration, the idea of declining a shokugeki is dishonorable to a Totsuki student and came to be known as an unwritten rule within the academy. And Soma is at the center of all that is cooking. A world where anyone can freely challenge anyone, that is the Totsuki of our generation.

"A shokugeki?" Yumi frowns at her classmate. She was in the middle of her sandwich that was immediately spoiled by a couple of bozos.

Well, that is mostly the case, there is one student who doesn't really care about honor.

"I just had one yesterday with Alice and Ryo." Yumi grimaces at the memory. "It was a three-way tie between us. And I'm forced to have another one today as the 'mandatory' tie breaker."

"Yumi, a quick shokugeki won't kill you." Yuki pats her on the back. "She accepts your challenge." Yuki grins at the classmate who initiated the challenge to Yumi.

Yumi glared once at her friend then groaned and stood up. She stuffed the rest of the sandwich into her mouth, and gestured to the classmate to follow her to the nearest arena. She cursed inwardly, about her wasted break and her upcoming matches the entire way.

"Good luck," Yuki shouts in support.

**********

0-3

Another flawless victory for Yumi Yukihira.

"So your use of that ingredient is unique. I would've never had the guts to try it." Yumi said, pulling the hair tie off, letting her red locks drape along her shoulders. "However." Her praises were cut short and turned into a lecture. "There's a reason why I wouldn't. Your knowledge is insufficient, go back and hit the books if you plan to improve that dish."

"Yes ma'am." They bowed politely at her guidance and went to heed her advice.

Just as Yumi was about to sigh a breath of relief, enjoying the peace and quiet, the door to the arena burst wide open with a bang.

"There you are! I've been looking everywhere for you." A person entered, dragging behind her a grumpy puppy looking for blood.

"Alice... and Ryo." Yumi sighs, rolling her eyes. "I'm so glad you got my message, telling you that I was flying into the sun." She replies sarcastically.