Part 23

"This has already been decided." A group of men in shades and all dressed in the same black suit came knocking on Polar Star Dormitory's door early the morning after the broadcast. "This is an order directly from Central. Your only option is to obey."

"As the only dorm that is not associated and is separated from the corporate body of Tootsuki Academy, it has done well to maintain its independence for 20 years. But that ends now as part of the purge." The Ninth Seat has finally decided to rear his ugly head. "We're shutting down this dorm. It isn't needed at Toosuki."

"You're going to abolish the dorm.?" Yuki asked in distraught.

"That's right all relevant structures and land are to be seized by Central. Nothing here belongs to you anymore." He explains.

"What the heck! Are you threatening us!" Yuki protests. "You wanna go, come on."

"Eizan-senpai," Soma said. "Well let's not just stand around and talk. Please come in and have some tea!"

As Soma entertains the guests, Yuki and Megumi ushered Nakiri to stay in her room and avoid coming out.

"So why does this dorm have to be abolished too. I've heard that we are kind of like an independent state here." Soma asked. "Does the academy have a reason to feel we'll interfere with their decisions?"

"That is exactly the reason," Eizen explains. "Having an autonomous organization within this school, outside of Central's control is a problem."

"One head is plenty. That is our decision. This document dates the day on which you must vacate. But don't fret if you follow and fulfill the requirements set by Central then you are allowed to stay as students of Tootsuki."

Yumi immediately seized the papers and scanned its content at lightning speed.

"Hey Ninth Seat," Yumi glares at him. " If Tootsuki's going to shut down this place then you must compensate us. First I demand each resident of the Polar Star Dormitory be provided with a proper 2 by 4-meter square room."

"80 square feet?" Eizen asked.

"You're using those measurements while having that many international businesses," Yumi asked, raising a brow. "Yikes."

"Yumi, what are you doing?" Megumi asks.

"Establishing dominance," Yumi replies, tossing the documents back towards the messenger. "When one proposes a verdict as outrageous as this, there should be an equally outrageous demand to counter. I also demand that all our living quarters be in the same facility as well as free rein over our designated rooms."

"Sis, that won't be necessary." Soma stops her from continuing her negotiations and turns his malice towards the guests. "About your decision to abolish the dorm, there's no chance I could get you to change your mind, is there?"

"For example a Shokugeki." He said looking up from his cup of tea.

As if expecting this outcome, Eizen calmly spoke the following words. "That possibility certainly exists. If you win shokugeki, then any decision can be overturned. However... that is only if we decide to accept."

"We are under no obligation to accept a shokugeki challenge. Nevertheless, we have had a deluge of shokugeki challenges coming in from almost every group." Eizen said smugly. "If I were to ignore them, they would all simply be abolished, but keeping the feelings of my colleagues in mind I've decided to accept them all."

"Heh... but even if you don't accept it, for it to be a good shokugeki it'll have to be a huge ordeal," Soma said.

"The opponent must also bear a suitable risk." Eizen pushes up his glasses and prepares to leave. "I'll be working on the shokugeki schedule shortly. Once you've seen the results, assuming you haven't lost your will to fight. Why don't you take me on too, Yukihira."