Part 12

"Alright is everyone having a great day!" The idol host exclaims to the crowd earning massive cheers from the simps and equally as many boos from the haters.

"Thank you all for waiting! The Shokugeki Administration has recognized this match as an official 'shokugeki'. We have three judges, the theme is dessert and the main ingredient is cake!"

"Well then, from each corner, will both contestants please enter." The idol host gestures to both corners of the arena. "The first to appear is Iori Umesaka, possessing great talent allowing her to secure the 8th Seat of the proud Elite Ten."

(Round of Applause woo~) "Quite the crowd!" Iori giggles waving towards the audience."And on the opposite end enters the renowned Undefeated Champion! Yumi Yukihira. Oh, what's this? The crowd seems to be cheering even louder for Miss Yumi than for Miss Iori." The host gasped at the situation.

"Undefeated? Yeah right!"

"Didn't she lose her last challenge."

"So arrogant!"

"Oh scratch that the crowd is booing at her. Yumi enters the arena under the angry roars of the audience." The host corrected herself.

Despite the loud discouraging noises from the crowd, Yumi entered the arena in a calm demeanor. Nameless noise crackers are nothing new to someone like Yumi who's spent most of her life in a diner. A diner's environment is always loud, whether its a conversation between customers, wailing kids, the orders barked by her father, or the bickering between the two immature men in her family. Not to mention all the influential people she pissed off upon entering Totsuki Academy. To Yumi, the booing from the audience is nothing more than background noises.

"I've never even agreed to that name, don't attach weird titles on to me." Well, just because they are background noises doesn't mean Yumi can't hear them."Now, let's go through this match's conditions again. If Yumi loses, she must surrender her student ID and leave the academy forever. If Iori loses, all her assets from club leadership to her kitchen."

'Who created these terms? Why would they think that I want her club?' Yumi frowns but since she can't find a reason to refuse the proposal she decides to just accept the conditions. After all club leaders can ask for funds from the academy, this can someday prove beneficial.

"I also agree with the terms," Iori said proudly sticking out her chest. "Can't have a nobody running around causing trouble."

Yumi just rolled her eyes, far too lazy to deal with her.

"Contestants, to their stations," The idol waved her hands. "The losers will lose everything! Shokugeki start!"

**********

"Wait! It started already?" Izumi exclaims out of breath, he ran over as soon as class ended.

"What did I miss?"

"Nothing much, just regular preparations," Aiko informs offering him a bottle of water.

Izumi thanked her, accepting the offer then looked towards the stage. "Something doesn't seem right."

"Probably because Yumi isn't taking this match seriously," Isshiki commented.

"What? but she looks serious."

"She's not concentrating at all." Isshiki shook his head. "Yumi once said that she couldn't do anything at 100% if her hair is in her face. But she didn't even bother putting up her hair."

"Your right," Aiko added. "Her normal routine is completely messed up."

"Then what is she doing?" Izumi asked.