🔴 Chapter 13🔴

Sorry it came late! Nepa knows how to cramp my style!

Chapter 13

Unedited

Police Station

"Ki lo se le si Iya Alagbo? (What happened to the woman that sells agbo) " A man asked and the sales girls tried to catch her breathe from crying for too long. She couldn't get the sight of her boss being pulled out of the the shop after they had managed to put out the fire.

"Fara bale, (Calm down). I want you to calm down and explain the whole thing to me, what happened?"

"She was expecting some visitors, they went into see her then they started running out like they were being chased by masquerade. I asked them what happened and they said.... They didn't even say anything. When I went into to see what had happened, I saw fire and i noticed the whole room was smoky and I ran out and started shouting for help"

The man exhaled.

"My name is Officer Seun Emmanuel, I am more like to his little town's sheriff and also....a friend to the woman who just lost her life in that tragic fire accident"

Amazing exhaled, "Okay, my friends, we um... We came here.... The truth is I didn't really know why I came. I thought I was coming to see a Christian personality until I walked in. She took my interest and I stayed. She wanted to help us find out the person behind our problems that was when she started actng all funny"

"She started saying somethings and... She was about to tell us who the person was before she died" Nene explained during her interrogation.

"In order words you all killed her"

"Excuse you?" Nene asked then she scoffed.

"In order words, you all killed her"

"I know I'm a bloody civilian in your domain but Oga, Fuck you!" Ema snapped.

"What happened to Iya Alagbo?" The police officer asked Benefit whose hands were trembling. "Do I seriously need to recount it?" She asked and the man nodded. "We have to get everyone's statement"

Benefit busted into tears, "We didn't do anything okay? We... We just wanted help before it gets to us" "What?" "I don't know, we don't know. Its scary, Sir it's scary. I'm scared of what might happen. I'm really scared"

The man passed her an handkerchief, "What are you scared of?" "She said we've offended someone..." She scoffed, "The point is, we didn't kill her, maybe it's the person we......" "Like Power pass power situation"

"I don't know. All I know is that we didn't start the fire, i and my friends are innocent"

What happened in there with Iya Alagbo?" The man asked and Uche scoffed, "Iya who?" Uche asked, "Iya Alagbo, the woman whose death you all caused" "Oh, so that's her name and two, don't make stupid assumptions you don't know shit about"

"Mind the way you speak to a police officer"

Uche slammed the table, "I'll speak to you all however way I want!" She exhaled loudy, "You're all the same, look at you already assuming we killed the woman, where's our murder weapon? Did we strangle her? Were we the one who put on the fire? Or did we throw the woman in? No, the woman acted like she had powers when she didn't."

"What happened?"

"Do I seriously need to talk? I thought you already made your assumption"

"Amazing and Benefits, those are the only two responsible person I've spoken to, if it's up to me, you'll sleep in jail tonight"