5. First day of work

I woke up  yawning very loudly and quickly slapped my mouth shut remembering the arguments yesterday about me being way TOO loud and disturbing everyone. I took my phone out from under the pillow to check the time.

Oh crap, it was already 7:15. I could feel myself start to panick because I was meant to wake up earlier ... preferably half an hour ago. How was I meant to get dressed and make Alex his breakfast on time? I'd end up being half an hour late and then being hurt either physically or mentally. I shoved my phone in my back pocket before jumping out from bed and chucking my duvet across the room.

I quickly grabbed a blue zip up hoody from Alex's wardrobe before wearing it and rushed out of his room in a hurry. I had changed -well it was more like Alex changed me- into short monkey pyjama shorts and a white tank top after I had healed yesterday due to the blood I was being force fed. Thankfully his hoody was longer than my short shorts so I didn't look like an utter mess if anyone saw me as it was mid thigh and I'm sure that looked acceptable here.

I ran down the corridor trying to remember where the kitchen was as I ran through a twisted and very complicated labyrinth. OH YEAH! I thought mentally before I slapped my forehead and then I turned right and ran down the corridor and turned left and entered a huge kitchen.

It had marble surfaces and everything was a bright burgundy colour. Everything looked so expensive that if I touched it I thought I would either end up breaking it or I would leave behind fingerprints.

"You're going to be late. You have ten minutes to make Master Alex his breakfast." Said a young feminine voice from in front of me as she stood there making what seemed like breakfast for someone.

I quickly spun on my heels to notice the girl a bit cleared only to realize she seemed to be a teenager around the age of seventeen or eighteen. She was mixed race and had curly black hair that was tied up. She had a lip piercing, her waist was incredibly small and her legs were bony but she was very very pretty.

"I'm Sophie." She smiled towards me before hugging me lightly. "I'm Callum's personal slave."

"I'm Elena, I'm Alex's personal . . ." I stopped and changed my wording. "I'm the girl the Oracle foretold." That sounded much better, I smiled to myself and realized I probably look retarded. "Exactly how old are you?"

"I'm seventeen just like you. I too was brought her except I was an orphan that was dying near a road and Master Alex saved me and brought me here. I owe him my life for that and he must be the most sweetest guy I have ever met." 

"That was sweet of him." I smiled and twitched a little. "So I'm guessing you know me too just like enarly everyone else here does?"

"Yes, I have heard much about you." She shook my hand firmly and smiled. "Your first day here and you're already late by the looks of things. Master Alex is respectful and caring but he will punish you if you're late so I do hope he does not get too angry."

I gasped and took my phone out to check the time when she told me I was going to be even later. Oh no it was already 7:23am. I'm in some deep trouble and will definitely get my butt whooped today and if I don't then it'll be tomorrow.

"Here, take this." She handed me a tray with two pieces of toast, a cup of warm milk alongside a cup of warm blood and some strawberry jam with a spoon.

"Oh no, I can't take this. You'll get in trouble." I exclaimed and looked slightly sick at the look of so much blood in a cup.

"Master Callum eats at eight o'clock; I just wake early to make myself breakfast so I have something to run on for the day." She explained

"I can't take your food." I said feeling very bad. "I know it's simply food but you prepared it and I am ready to face my punishment."

"Take it, Master Callum doesn't mind if I'm ten minutes late. Now you hurry." She said and shoved the tray into my hands giggling.