Epilogue

Elena's POV

They want their missing princess back. They want you, Elena. You're wanted.

The second those words registered in my head I felt my eyes seal themselves closed and my body shut down. My body turned limp and I couldn't see, hear, feel or smell anything. I didn't know if it was my body going into a state of shock or if I was just having a really bad panic attack. My body would not heed to my commands and it didn't know how to react and so it just lay still ... unmoving. I felt as though I was staring straight into the open darkness that I was now surrounded by, something that only I could see, no one else. I had frozen to the point where even I did not know whether or not I was breathing. Had I been fixed in a coma? Or had I truly died? A thought that occurred to me one too many times.

However, my eyes opened wide shut the second one word entered my mind ... Kitsune. I felt my heart freeze this time as my breath was caught in my throat. My head flung back as memories flashed before my eyes. Memories I did not know existed until now.

I felt as though I was frozen in time and part of an out of body experience as I watched a young happy couple hold their newborn baby. A bundle of joy for any parent.

As I saw her my breath caught in my mouth, her warm hazel eyes melting my heart. She absently twirled her golden hair in her slim fingers, flashes of her light blue nail polish showing through the silky strands of gold. Time slowed down as she batted her long dark eyelashes and she smiled, her face lit up and for a second I was blinded by her sheer beauty. She stepped forward, her sleek legs moving gracefully, confidently towards her goal. As she glided across the room to walk around with her baby in her arm her turquoise, silky shirt hugged her hour glass figure, her thin, toned legs covered by a pair of navy blue jeans. I stood tongue tied as she once again glided across the room in sheer elegance, finally coming to rest in front of me. Her rose red lips moved slowly, forming words I had neither anticipated or prepared for...

"Let's call her Elena." She smiled down to her child.

The baby's face was making all kinds of really weird expressions and the baby's reflexes rivalled that of a bobcat's. The baby was dressed in a cute, small, pink onesie so I presumed she was a girl. She seemed so light and precious. She smelled like a combination of fresh air, ivory soap, and lavender. She made rather quiet sounds like a meowing cat. She seemed to be an angelic baby, one who did not want to cause trouble for her parents and therefore decided against crying. The love she received from her parents made her rub her cheek against her mother's chest.

As the beautiful lady bent her head a little to kiss her daughter I could tell her cheeks felt like a piece of lotioned tissue paper. They were so smooth and soft.

"Elena Aurora Avalon. My beautiful little daddy's girl." The gentleman before me cooed as he stood directly beside his partner and wrapped his arms around her waist.

His eyes were deeply set, crystal blue, intense. His expressive face only showed care and admiration for the two gorgeous females in his life. He had a chiseled jaw; the strength of his character was clearly portrayed in his face. His physique was tall, manly and broad shouldered. The way he had walked up to his partner showed dominance and a sense of authority. He had walked squarely, giving the impression of strength and no signs of weakness. His large hands and long fingers rest on his partner's waist and he kissed her neck sweetly. He wore a black suit to dictate his authority and sense of success.

"Elena, my cute little Kitsune." That one word snapped me back to reality and I took back in the atmosphere I had been in before my trance. The source was sitting right in front of me staring into my eyes with a huge smile plastered across his face.