23. Ready

I sat silently, hunched over and with a sense of loss so powerful that my muscles wouldn't respond to any of my commands. My gaze was into the far distance, unseeing but fixed on some imaginary future of a life without the love of my life.

I had no one left.

Jem was gone.

Trevor was gone.

Alex was gone.

And right now Jake was being hunted down my Luke's men.

I felt my throat tightening and with just a short intake of breath forecast the explosion of emotion which to date, I had managed to keep buried deep inside. Not any more though, that image of things shared with a love which were not to come, was too powerful and gut wrenching to be kept in check; the tearing at my soul was too compelling and energetic to be contained. The vision I had, began to swim in front of me as tears welled from deep inside and coursed down my cheeks.

All the pent-up hysteria and dread of loss was let loose in a paroxysm of choking and sobbing, so powerful in it's intensity that it shook my body till she could barely breathe.

What made things worse was the fact I was still going through this damn transformation. I didn't know when or how it would end but all that I knew was that once I was through it I would be at my strongest and even if it took years I would go and get my revenge on Luke. He had destroyed and ruined so many lives and I would not let him live peacefully.

Suddenly I collapsed to the floor as I felt the pain as strong as one hundred daggers sinking into my stomach. Groaning and screaming with anguish, I writhed about on the floor, clutching my body and digging my hands into my stomach to try and stop it. My eyes were watery with the sheer pain and my breathing came out in sharp, shallow rasps. Sweat dripped down the side of my face and covered my forehead in a thin sheet.

"H-help," I croaked, my desperate tone made my words almost inaudible, but they still echoed around the eerie, empty hall which Luke had thrown me in.

"I'm here." A soft, soothing voice spoke from behind me. I couldn't tell who it was but all I could tell was that their aura felt calming and helpful. "You're going to be alright, just take deep breathes ok."

"W-who is..." I couldn't finish my sentence as suddenly I could feel my heart burning and my body go yet into another fit of pain. This time immense pressures or heat surging through my veins and blasting out of my body.

"It's me Talen." He came closer to me and placed his hand on my shoulder only to instantly pull it back hissing. "I need you to drink this blood. It'll ease some of the pain away and help you listen to me better."

With that a whole bottle of blood was placed near me. I stretched my hand a little but I couldn't stretch anymore. The more I tried to move the more I felt like there were chains restricting me, chains that were soaked in vervain but there was nothing holding me back. I tried once again and this time my finger touched the bottle and even though me burning inside was a very terrible thing right now it was saving me.

The heat from my hand burned a hole in the plastic bottle and suddenly all the blood gushed out of the bottle and soon there was a pool of blood around my head that had leaked out the bottle.

I titled my head a little more to the ground and began to drink the blood off the floor. I don't care was parasites or insects or piss had been on the ground but if this blood could even put this pain down by a small percentage then I would drink as much blood as I had to.

"It's... h-helping..." I muttered weakly as I could feel the heat burning inside me cool down a little and the fits of sheer pain ease down slightly, "... but I n-need more."