003

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘
𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙚 𝙧𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙨.

𝗙𝗟𝗬𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗔𝗟𝗪𝗔𝗬𝗦 𝗠𝗔𝗗𝗘 𝗠𝗔𝗗𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗨𝗡𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗬, 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗚𝗛𝗧 of crashing bubbling in her brain the entire time.

First class made it ten times worse. She felt isolated, alone and in a way captured. Four hours left to go, the pen in her hand tapped on the top of her music book.

Music writing had been hard for her now a days, the inspiration dying out like a flame, her eyes shut as she searched for something, anything.

Her bottom lip rolled into her mouth as she laid her head back against the cushion, eyes staying closed as her mind was blank.

For a minute she thought back to her relationship with Zack, for the past few months he was the closest thing she had to a boyfriend and genuinely she was happy. But of course the past always creeps on her when the life she dreamed of was finally coming to a start.

𝟮 𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗛𝗦 𝗔𝗚𝗢

The melody finished as the last string of the guitar was played, the angel-like voice coming to a stop as she sang the finale.

He looked at her like she was the only person in the world, the small dimples in his cheeks being prominent as his brown eyes lightened as he listened to the song.

"You are a star, beer." His tone was soft, his hands reaching forward to grab hers as he complimented the girl before him.

𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗘𝗡𝗧

And then it hit her, the note flying into her brain as her eyes flew open, the pen flipping around in her fingers as the ink hit the paper with urgency.

"I found a guy, told me I was a star
He held the door held my hand in the dark"

She hummed the lyrics, imagining the soft playing of a piano in the background, a small smile beaming on her face in relief.

"And he's perfect on paper but he's lying to my face
Does he think that I'm the kinda girl who needs to be saved?"

Her phone vibrated beside her, her eyes shooting down to the brightness displayed on the screen as notifications rolled in, her thumb clicked on the Instagram message, somehow she winded up on Rudy's account. Her heart burning as he watched he grin into the camera, happiness written all over his face.

She couldn't look anymore, powering it off as she sat it back down.

"And there's one more boy, he's from my past
We fell in love but it didn't last
'Cause the second I figure it out he pushes me away
And I won't fight for love if you won't meet me halfway
And I say that I'm through but this song's still for you"

Love had always been a tricky thing for Madison, her having more feelings for someone when they couldn't even bare to look at her.

"All I want is love that lasts
Is all I want too much to ask?
Is it something wrong with me?
All I want is a good guy
Are my expectations far too high?
Try my best but what can I say
All I have is myself at the end of the day
But shouldn't that be enough for me?
Ooh ooh ooh ooh, ooh ooh"

The song she had been halfway done with played in her head as she wrote the notes, filling up the lined paper with her heartbreaking lines.

"And I miss the days
When I was young and naive
I thought the perfect guy would come and find me
Now happy ever after it don't come so easily"

The corners of her lips upturned at the image in her head, replaying the flash black of her as a child, dreaming about having her own Prince Charming one day. Disney, fuck you and your high expectations.

"All I want is love that lasts
Is all I want too much to ask?
Is it something wrong with me? Oh
All I want is a good guy
Are my expectations far too high?
Try my best but what can I say
All I have is myself at the end of the day
And all I want is for that to be okay"

The chorus was complete as well as the rest of the song, by the time she had closed up the small leather black notebook and zipped it into her bag, the pilot announced that they would be landing. Did she really spend four hours writing it?

With her back pack slung over one shoulder and her phone clutched in her hand she exited the plane, the airport packed with people, a group of teenage girls practically gawking at the celeb as she grabbed her suitcase from the ramp.

Madison waved at the girls, stopping to take a few pictures with the group before leaving the crowded area, as soon as she stepped out into the hot summer of Charleston, flashing lights surrounded her as she walked to the parked car.

"Are you returning back for season two of Outer Banks?"

"What happened between you and Rudy Pankow!"

"More music?"

Madison did what she was always taught to do, ignore and keep walking. The back door was opened for her, a man in a suit grabbing her belongings as he slid them into the truck, allowing her to get settled in the back seats as he walked around to
the front of the car.

The paparazzi still surrounded the car, she placed her hand in front of her eyes, attempting to shield herself from them as the car speed up quickly, the cameras still flicking pictures of the car as it left view.

Home sweet home.

𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗦 𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘!
song - All I want, Oliva Rodrigo
one of my fav songs ever it's kinda sad
tho...