005

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘
𝙨𝙞𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙮 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙘𝙝.
𝗺𝗮𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗻'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃.

𝗜 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗧𝗢 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗖𝗘 myself to glance away from the doorway, her brown hair flowing down her back as her lips pressed against his dimple in a gentle kiss.

He had frozen once he saw me, like time stopped all over again, his light eyes were wide as his grip on Elaine had loosened.

"Uh, surprise?" Chase blurted awkwardly, his lips pressing together in a smile.

Our eyes had found their way back to another, instantly locking as I looked over to him, he didn't know what to say, but neither did I in that moment.

"Are we going to sit in silence, or?" Drew remarked, flicking his eyes between Rudy and I as we sat quietly.

Elaine had unwrapped her arms from the blonde, them falling to her side as she had exited the doorway, deciding on sitting at the edge of the couch, furthest away from me. I wasn't complaining at her sitting choice.

"Um, yeah, hey." Rudy redeemed himself, seeming to snap out of the trance that he had fallen in.

The corners of my mouth lifted into a barely visible smile, "hi, Rudy."

He had sat next to Elaine, their arms brushing against each other as his body language stiffed slightly under my wondering stare.

The night went on like usual, it had felt like I never left. Our traditions were still the same, Drew's dance moves were still unbeatable, snacks sprawled out over the floor of Maddie's apartment. I felt happy, in the inside I felt as if I was going to explode, on the outside I plastered the smile on my face.

I had made my way into the kitchen, suddenly craving a coke as I yanked open the steel fridge, the sugary drink soothing my throat as I swallowed it.

My body jolted back as it nearly smacked into another one, my eyes going wide as my heart pumped rapidly, "holy shit."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you." Rudy apologized, laughing lowly as he created distance between the two of us.

"No it's, uh, it's fine." I replied, tucking the brown strands behind my ears as my body leaned against the marble counters.

He flashed me a grin, "how are you?"

"I'm doing fine, thanks. How are you?" I asked, slipping a straw into the opening of the can, drinking it as I waited for his answer.

"I'm pretty good. I, well, um, we miss you a lot." Rudy stuttered through his sentence, blowing out a breath of air as he rolled his lips into his mouth. He was embarrassed.

I bit into my bottom lip to contain my own smile, his cheeks growing red as he stood before me, "well I'm happy to be back. I just needed some time for myself, and my music obviously."

"Yeah. How is that going?" He furrowed his brows in curiosity.

"I released Life Support, and that was, like, one of my biggest accomplishments. It's just kinda a blank slate now." I confessed, sighing as I shrugged.

His eyes scanned over my face, his tongue darting out to wet his lips before he spoke, "you're a great songwriter, Mads. I'm sure you will find some inspiration."

"Thanks, Rudy." I flashed an appreciative smile at him, "being back home may just be the inspiration I was looking for."

"Maybe." He lifted his shoulders, "only time can tell."

"That is very true." We laughed in sync, the laughter dying down after I blurted a question, "how are you and Elaine going?"

His face dropped, lips parting as he shook his head, "we aren't dating."

"Oh." Was all I managed to say. It was a relief, for me at least.

"Yeah. After you left I worked on myself for a while. Elaine and I were never really something serious, more of just friends with benefits." He shrugged uncomfortably.

I nodded, taking in every word that left his lips, "yeah. I never got in something serious after we, um, broke up."

"Oh." He cringed, not directly at me but more towards himself, "I'm sorry about all of that stuff."

"I'm over it." I laughed. No I wasn't, hell no I wasn't over it.

"I hope we can work things out some day." Rudy flicked his ocean eyes between my own, I felt like I was being hypnotized as our eye contact remained strong, "like really."

A ghost of a smile came over my glossy lips, the mention of working things out with him had made my stomach flip, "actually? I hate being on bad terms with you."

"Of course. Maybe we could hang out some time? After set." He swallowed, playing the silver ring that hugged his pointer finger.

I was beat red, I couldn't see myself, but my skin felt hot and clammy, "I'd love that."

"Cool." Rudy cleared his throat, "glad you're back."

"Me too." I replied, the corners of my mouth beginning to ache, along with my cheeks due to the amount of smiling I had been doing in the past ten minutes.

"I'll see you in the, uh, leaving room." He bid goodbye, flashing me a grin before exiting the kitchen.

I felt like a teenager girl, feeling the urge to squeal and jump around the kitchen in happiness. I knew that this wouldn't last forever, we had been on and off for a year now, that's why I'm taking it for granted.

𝗶 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂.
i'm backkkk
sorry i haven't updated in soooo
longggg ugh