008

CHAPTER EIGHT.
the past.

WHEN OUR PAST COMES to haunt us, we tend to dwell on those happy moments and push aside the ones we spent crying our eyes out on the cold bathroom floor.

For Madison, her dwelling was mainly on her costar who she'd been in love with since the first day we met. After all, they do say love at first sight is real.

Even though she knew she'd been treated like absolute shit, she still loved him and would take him back in a heart beat.

She sat on the forest green couch in the middle of the studio, finally being alone with her thoughts after spending every hour with different people.

With her knees perched up to her chest, hair pulled back in a claw clip, and a blank sheet of paper, she was completely out of lyrics.

This had happened before, not exactly pinpointing what that feeling that had been eating you up was.

Her ringed fingers danced along the piano keys in awe, she hummed to herself, before parting her lips.

I tell myself you don't mean a thing
And what we got, got no hold on me
But when you're not there I just crumble
I tell myself I don't care that much
But I feel like I'm dying 'til I feel your touch

Her voice rang out into a sweet melody, her eyes fluttering shut as her body felt lifted, hands sliding from key to key.

Only love
Only love can hurt like this
Must have been a deadly kiss
Only love can hurt like this

Madison scrunched her face up as she sang, reminiscing breaking her heart.

Say I wouldn't care if you walked away
But everytime you're there I'm begging you to stay
When you come close I just tremble
And everytime, everytime you go
It's like a knife that cuts right through my soul

The music echoed out into the silent air, the weight dripping off her shoulders.

Only love
Only love can hurt like this
Must have been a deadly kiss
Only love can hurt like this
Your kisses burn into my skin
Only love can hurt like this

But if the sweetest pain
Burning hot through my veins
Love is torture
Makes me more sure

Her voice cracked slightly as her bottom lip quivered, eyes slightly twitching as they stayed squeezed shut.

Only love can hurt like this
Must have been a deadly kiss
Only love can hurt like this
Your kisses burn into my skin
Only love can hurt like this

Save me
Save me
Only love, only love
'Cause only love can hurt this
And it must have been a deadly kiss

She drew out the last note, letting her fingers smooth down the keys as they fell to her lap, a tear dribbling down her left cheek like a raindrop on a car window.

Madison sighed and sniffled as she brought her freshly manicured nails to wipe the drop, opening her eyes as she felt weirdly calm.

Her eyes fell on her phone, the new message notification making her screen go bright and blinding, she squinted slightly as she picked up the electronic.

NEW MESSAGE FROM MAD DOG, MAD B, & LIL

MAD DOG: madison stop being cooped up in ur apartment complex and come out to dinner with us. you don't have a choice ❤️.

LIL: agreed.

MAD B: we hate partying w/o you girlie!! come on pls???

Madison bite her lip as she questioned the girls begging, she glanced at the hanging silk dress practically calling her name. I mean, a little fun can't hurt, right?

ME: you guys are right. it's been a hot min since i've partied with my girls. what time? send addy 😉

MAD B: HOLY BALLS!! SHE ACTUALLY SAID YES.

MAD DOG: AM I DREAMING?

LIL: YES MA'AM. SEVEN PM SHARP. AT HALLS CHOPHOUSE. SEE U THEN. LOVE U.

ME: love u too asswips 🖕🏼

The brunette chuckled to herself as she turned her phone off, bringing her hand up to undo the baby pink clip keeping her light hair neat, her strands still slightly damp from the shower she'd taken that morning.

She helped herself off the colored couch, keeping her eyes locked on the crème colored dress, she brought her T-shirt over her head in a hurry, kicking her patterned shorts off her ankles.

Madison slipped the dress on, adjusting the bottoms as it ended by her mid thigh, she darted her eyes to the full body mirror beside the handing rack, she ran her palms over the silk material and smiled gently.

Confidence. It's a big thing that we tend to have self doubt in. Now a days, if you're not considered "hot" or fit the beauty standers you're a lost cause. It's something some of us lack. 

She swallowed as she tore her eyes away from her reflection, grabbing the oversized beige cardigan as she reached her arms in it, the comfort of the clothing immediately sealing her.

It didn't matter if her feet felt like they were gonna fall off tonight, all she wanted was to feel good about herself. And that's exactly why she choose the white 3-inch heels sitting on her shoe rack.

Madison brushed her hair one more time, finishing the touches on her makeup as she sprayed the Chanel perfume over her entire body, the scent of floral taking over the bedroom.

Her heels clicked as she walked, grabbing her car keys, cell phone, and the small light colored purse off the kitchen counter, she gulped as she pushed down the bundle of nerves building in her stomach.

authors note ;)

SURPRISE!
i'm back and writing this story again.
and i have the best plot like EVER.
so enjoy. love u. hope ur happy.