012

CHAPTER TWELVE
To be the bigger person.

MADISON ALWAYS BELIEVED HIGHLY in giving second chances, even if that meant forgiving someone who put her in a mental state coma.

She sighed as she leaned back into the directors chair, the hot sun of Charleston beating down on her face, they had been finishing the last scenes up in the small town, in just a couple days they'd begin filming in the beautiful place of Barbados.

Madelyn flashed a smile at the camera crew as she made her way towards the brunette, "Hey!"

"Hi." Madison turned to her, squinting her eyes as the girl sat beside her.

The blonde glanced around, playing with the loose strings at the edge of her seat, "Aren't you glad we're gonna be vacationing at an actual island? God, I can't wait! As much as I love Charleston, I really need this. How about you?"

"I mean, I'm sure it's gonna be great. Just more time for me to sit in my hotel room and be depressed as I cry over my ex for the fifth time that day. Sounds very exciting!" Madison replied sarcastically, widening her eyes as she looked away.

Madelyn frowned slightly, "Don't think of it like that. We're gonna have a great time."

"Yeah! What she said!" Drew ran over to the two, wrapping his arm around Madison as she groaned.

"Where did you even come from?" She chuckled, swinging his muscular arm off her shoulder as he stood on her opposite side, clutching a cold water bottle.

Drew shrugged, "Oh, you know, just finished my daily routine of playing a physcopath. It's kinda fun."

"I don't think you're playing a character anymore, Drew." Madison teased him, crossing her arms over her chest, Madelyn laughing lightly at her comment.

He placed his palm over his chest, looking hurt as his jaw dropped, "How could you? I'm so glad I get to throw you into a pile of fake boxes. Hopefully you'll get a cardboard cut or something."

Madison gasped, leaning back into the squeaky chair, her mouth open aswell, "Drew Starkey! How dare you. Wait until my fans get ahold of this. I'm gonna get you cancelled."

"What are you gonna do? Write a song about me?" Drew fired back, pursing his lips as he cocked a brow at her.

"Maybe I will." Madison hummed, stealing the cold bottle from him as she finished the last of it.

Drew snatched it back as it was now empty, flashing her his middle finger as he stomped away towards Jonas, leaving the two girls in a fit of laughter.

"He really is the most dramatic person I've ever met." Madelyn remarked, resting her chin in the palm of her hand.

"You can say that again."

Elaine watched the girls from a distance, clutching her camera, knuckles turning white as her hands slightly shook, she swallowed before making her way towards them.

Madison's smile visibly faded as the wavy haired girl began to approach them, keeping a bright smile on her face, "Hey girls! Sorry to interrupt but Jonas has asked me to take pictures for each of the characters. I've already done Madelyn's, Madison Bailey's, JD's, Chase's, Rudy's, Drew's, and Carlacia's. I just need to do Madison's."

Madelyn glanced at her best friend, seeing the hesitation on her face, "You have to do it now?"

"Yes. Jonas wants them done before Barbados. Do you mind if we do it now? Just a couple shots by the waterfront." Elaine asked, standing before her awkwardly.

"I don't really have a choice." Madison raised her brows, sliding off the chair as she began to follow the girl she disliked.

Madelyn prayed underneath her breathe as she watched to the two disappear behind the shed, crossing her fingers as she waited.

They walked in complete silence, walking up to the peer as the only noise was the sound of the feet hitting the wooden deck.

"Right here is fine." Elaine gestured to the light colored ledge overlooking the high rised waters, she bent down, looking into the lenses of her camera, "Just think of something that makes you feel down. It's easier to capture the sadness in you're face."

"I know just what to think of." Madison mumbled as she leaned against the ledge, the wind blowing her light locks from her face, her eyes softening and looking out towards the water, her posture low.

She imagined standing here like she once has, dancing with the blonde boy, not a care in the world, humming to the melody of the song as they couldn't keep their hands off one another.

"That's perfect." Elaine stood, swiping through the many photos, "You look beautiful."

Madison turned her head towards the girl, taken back by the sudden compliment, "Oh, um, thank you."

"Sorry. I-I didn't mean to make that weird." Elaine swallowed, letting her camera hang from her neck as she avoided eye contact.

"No it's fine. Thank you. You just caught me off guard, I guess." Madison nodded, lifting the corners of her lips very gently.

Elaine looked up from the ground, "You know, Mads, I'm really sorry. Things never should've went down the way they did. I know we never really got along but me getting into the middle of you're relationship was just so inappropriate. I know you would never forgive me but I'm really sorry."

"You're right. Things never should've went down the way they did. I never did anything to you. But you made Rudy happy. And I thank you for that. He deserves a lot more than anything I could've gave him. I appreciate you're apology. I do forgive you but that doesn't mean I'm gonna forget." Madison tucked her hair behind her ear, leaving the girl standing alone on the deck as she walked away, feeling a that heavy weight lift off her shoulders.

authors note
no, we don't like elaine.