018

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
The looks of the curious.

MADISON FIDDLED WITH HER thumbs as she sat in the makeup chair, keeping her eyes glued to her fingers dancing around each other as Karlie gathered the cosmetics.

"Okay." Karlie breathed out, pinning back the front strands of Madison's hair with pink clips, her eyes widening at the deep purple mark on her neck, "Oh. Someone had a fun night."

Madison laughed with relief, shaking her head, "Ha! Very much so, Kar."

"Wonder who the lucky man is." Karlie sent her a teasing wink, the girls cheeks heating up as she tapped her face gently with the sponge.

"I'm classy. It'll stay anonymous." Madison shrugged, chuckling lightly to herself as she lifted the half-filled cup of matcha to her lips.

Karlie rolled her eyes, bringing the rosy colored blush to her cheeks, "Well, I assume I'm gonna be covering it up?"

"If you could, thanks." Madison smiled slightly at her, glancing down at the very visible mark splotched on the side of her neck.

Karlie hummed, coating her lashes in mascara before spraying her face, she started with the color corrector, coating the mark with green before adding the concealer and topping it off with more sticky spray.

Madison was praying it would last her the entire day, Karlie removed the pins from her hair, leaving it down with the slight curls.

"Your coustume is in your trailer." Karlie tapped her shoulder, closing up her box as she neatly placed the brushes back into the drawer.

"Thanks, Karlie." Madison squeezed her arm, beginning to walk out of the trailer before she was stopped.

Karlie turned, grabbing the brunettes attention, "I'll keep this between us. But next time, I recommend using a whisk. Comes clean off."

"Oh, well, hopefully it won't happen again." Madison shook her head, "I'll make sure to take your advice if it does though."

Madison walked out of the trailer with a smile on her face, approaching the one that had her name written across it as she opened the door.

She came to a halt as someone had been seated on her couch, looking up to her as she walked in, she shut the door, dropping the lock down.

"Hey, Rudy." Madison acknowledged him, confusion written all over her features as she set her thing down on her dresser, "What brings you over here?"

Rudy unfolded his hands as he inched to the edge of the couch, clearly in some sort of distress, "I just wanted to talk."

"Okay? About what? Are you alright?" Madison sat across from him, her hands on her knees as she shot him a quizzing look.

He nodded, "Look, about last night. I'm sorry if I pushed you. I didn't think we were gonna hook up. I should've talked to you about it first it just happened so fast."

"Ruds..." Madison trailed off, "It did happen fast. Like, way faster than we both expected. But it doesn't mean I regret it, so don't apologize."

Rudy lifted his head up at her words, fighting a smile, "Really? You don't regret it?"

"No." She chortled, biting the bottom of her lip, feeling her cheeks getting redder as the minutes pass.

"Good. I was really hoping you wouldn't regret it. I don't either." Rudy revealed, standing to sit beside her, placing his pointer finger beneath her chin as he turned her head.

Her eyes met his blue ones, flicking between them before her vision fell to his pink, heart-shaped lips that were so tempting.

He ran his thumb over her own lips, feeling the softness underneath his thumb, he beamed at her, "Can I kiss you, again?"

"Please." She practically begged him, shutting her eyes as their lips met once again, nearly fitting together like puzzle pieces.

They pulled away, large, cheeky smiles on their faces, looking like teenagers who just had their first ever make out, he tucked her hair behind her ear, kissing the top of her head gently.

"I better go. Don't want it to look suspicious." He squeezed her thigh, kissing the corner of her mouth before standing, "I'll see you soon."

"Bye." She giggled, shutting the door, she fell to the ground, silently screaming out of joy, her mouth beginning to ache from all of the smiling she'd been doing.