016

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
Shoeless on the beach.

ALCOHOL WAS A STIMULATE of many mistake making, including waking up and seeing that awkward drunk text to your ex-boyfriend.

Madison didn't seem to care about the costs as she continued to down shots of fireball, the strong cinnamon leaving a sensational burn down her throat.

The group spent the night dancing, drinking, laughing, bickering, and overall getting fucked off their asses.

Madelyn and Chase giggled off, running out of the restaurant holding hands, Madison rolling her eyes as she knew she wasn't gonna be welcomed back into her hotel room anytime soon.

Slowly, the group began to separate, most people going to bed or heading to the casino just a block down.

Madison awkwardly stood by the front door of the empty restaurant, biting her bottom lip as she glanced down at her phone, the battery signal coming up as her phone was dead.

"Hey. You going back to your room?" Rudy shoved his hands in his pockets, glancing out towards the graveled pathway.

"Um, not sure. I don't wanna walk in on anything. You know?" She laughed under her breath with a small scoff, making him chuckle lighty.

He nodded understandingly, "Yeah, I understand that. Do you, um, like, wanna go to the beach? It's just behind this place."

Madison had no where else to go, really. She figured she'd wait here for at least another thirty minutes before heading back, she looked behind her then back at him with a small shake of her head.

"Why not?" Madison slipped her feet out of her heels, holding them with one hand as she placed her cellphone into the small bag hanging from her shoulder.

He reached his hand out, her clouded mind not thinking straight as she accepted it, the two jogging off into the night.

Endless giggles were shared between them, Rudy grabbing her by the waist as he picked her up, her head tossing back as the wind blew in her face.

This feeling was amazing. From the alcohol making her body tingle, to the air cooling her down, she felt free.

She turned her head quickly as the music loudened, her eyes going wide with excitement as she looked at the blonde with a gapped mouth.

Ho Hey by The Lumineers played through the surrounding speakers.

Madison grabbed his hands as he set her down gently, turning herself into his chest as they danced.

I been tryin' to do it right
(Hey) I been livin' a lonely life
(Ho) I been sleepin' here instead
(Hey) I been sleepin' in my bed
(Ho) I been sleepin' in my bed

She hummed along to the music, tapping her feet in the sand, her head tilting back and forth.

Hey)
(Ho)
(Ho) so show me family
(Hey) all the blood that I will bleed
(Ho) I don't know where I belong
(Hey) I don't know where I went wrong
(Ho) but I can write a song
(Hey)

Rudy glanced down at her, staring at the brunette in a complete trance, tucking her hair behind her ears as they swayed.

I belong with you, you belong with me
You're my sweetheart
I belong with you, you belong with me
You're my sweet

The two sang in sync, spinning around in a circle, inching closer to the salty water with happiness.

I don't think you're right for him
(Hey) think of what it might've been if we
(Ho) took a bus to Chinatown
(Hey) I'd be standin' on Canal
(Ho) and Bowery
(Hey)
(Ho) she'd be standin' next to me
(Hey)

Rudy lifted her off her feet once more, the tops of her toes getting splashed with the cold water, a small squeal leaving her mouth.

I belong with you, you belong with me
You're my sweetheart
I belong with you, you belong with me
You're my sweetheart

She held his fingers as he twirled her around, her hand reaching out to twirl him as they miserably failed, loud laughter echoing around them.

Love, we need it now
Let's hope for some
'Cause, oh, we're bleedin' out

As she placed her palms on his silk button up, he dipped her down, her head tilting backwards, then back up to gaze at him.

I belong with you, you belong with me
You're my sweetheart
I belong with you, you belong with me
You're my sweet

Their eyes stayed locked as they music slowly finished, his right hand gripped the outside of her thigh while the other laid on her lower back.

She gulped as he leaned down, eyes staying on one another's as their faces were inches apart, chests rising up and down as their hearts nearly bursted out of their places.

Their foreheads rested on each others, Madison's hand coming up to his jaw, cupping it softly as she smiled big.

Suddenly, he ridded of the space between them as he kissed her, the cinnamon flavor resting on their tongues as they kissed passionately.

Rudy's cheeks flushed a bright red, thankfully, it was dark out so she wouldn't be able to see it, he bit his bottom lip with glee.

She stood back up straight, her white teeth glistening as the moons light beat down at them, her grabbing his hand as she dragged them back to the beginning of the beach.

The two drunk adults collapsed in the bare sand, Madison lying next to her shoes and purse while she placed her head on his chest, his scent making her feel safe.

And with that, the exhaustion hit them.

me & who