022

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
One kiss can ruin it all.

Madison nearly stumbled back from the suddenness of his question, she furrowed her brows, not sure if it was her alcohol intake or how confused she was that made her head spin.

He stared at her with wondering eyes, his hand grazing her bare arm as she blankly gazed at him.

She shrugged, grabbing his chin roughly with planting a kiss on his lips, him deepening the short make out session by forcefully arching her back, making them as close as possible.

Then, that earth shattering gut feeling spread across her body, she pulled away quickly, taking a view steps back, shaking her head, "No-No."

It felt so wrong. Two people that swore to be practical siblings kissing. He seemingly came to his own senses, stepping back with wide eyes, realizing what he'd just done.

Madison felt she could push this aside, it would be one of those things no one would know about. She wouldn't speak of it nor would he. And this calmed her, until she glanced to her right.

The bright blue eyes staring back at her, his lips formed into a flat line, shaking his head with defeated laughter, the strobe lights dancing over his stricken features before he disappeared into the crowd.

Madison rammed into people attempting to make her way out of the club to find the blond, with no luck, she sat on one of the cushioned couches, a couple making out inches from her.

She set her drink down, not bothering to get any more plastered, the room was still spinning, her lips were still burning, but she was alone.

A hand on her shoulder had her whipping around, a concerned Madelyn bending down to ear, "What's going on? Rudy just stormed out and said he wants nothing to do with you."

"Fuck." She muttered, holding her head in his hands, "Where'd he go?"

Madelyn shrugged, "Probably back to the apartments. Let's take you home, okay?"

Madison nodded with no fight, no longer wanting to be surrounded by sweaty bodies and pounding music, the two girls stumbled out of the club, Madelyn more sober than her friend.

Chase and JD followed closely behind them, the rest of the group just leaving, Madison's mind was racing, she suddenly regretted wearing heels.

By the time they made it back to the apartments it was already two in the morning, Madison had no desire to find Rudy, knowing he was either assed out or not in the mood to talk.

Madelyn helped her undress, the two girls laughing as Madelyn threw the hoodie over her head, Madison back flopping onto the sheets of her bed.

This was one of the first nights she slept alone, usually comforted by the strong arms wrapped around her, she squeezed her eyes shut, hoping she'd wake up tomorrow and this would all just be a bad dream.

She tossed and turned all night, replaying the look on his face.

She knew it was done. Everything they'd worked up to was gone. All because of one stupid kiss. Maybe if she wasn't so drunk. Just maybe.

The sun rose and she was still barely asleep, the migraine beginning to form from the lack of food in her system, not to mention how many "on the rock" drinks she had.

She forced herself out of bed, throwing back two advils, turning the water to cold as it rushed from the shower head. God, she felt disgusting.

The cold water dripped down her entire body as she stepped in, scrubbing every inch of herself, letting the water run down her head numerous times as she got lazy.

She was in there for at least an hour, doing nothing but coming to her senses. It wasn't a dream. She kissed him.

Getting out to the shower, she wrapped a towel around her body, using an old tshirt to dry her hair slightly before messily putting it into a braid. Work was the last of her worries.

She threw on a sweatshirt and sweatpants, washing her face while just curling her lashes. She ventured through the apartment, noticing Madelyn nodding off on Chase's shoulder. Meaning, Rudy was alone.

She swallowed her nerves, grabbing the house key off the counter, slipping on her slippers as she made her way to the door just down a couple.

Her hand shakily lifted to knock, she kept her head down slightly.

The door was unlocked, opening a smidge, a groan of annoyance being heard from the other side, Rudy stared at her in disgust, "What?"