009

CHAPTER NINE.
endless number of butterflies.

THE OVERWHELMING FEELING OF making a return had found it's way back to Madison as she stood out of the restaurant, getting a wave of deja vu.

Two years ago, she stood outside of this same restaurant, only this time Rudy had broken her heart instead of confessing his undying love for her in the back.

A light tug on her arm had her snapping out of her thoughts, turning her head to the side to see the tall, nicely-dressed blonde boy that she'd grown to love.

"Drew!" She nearly yelled as she threw her arms around his large frame, a small laugh coming out his mouth as he hugged her tightly.

Mostly everyone had known that Madison had a very soft spot for Drew, he'd been there for every problem and always helped her out of it.

"I'm so glad that you've decided to join us tonight. It always feels like we're missing something when you're not around. How ya feeling?" Drew chuckled, the pair beginning to walk towards the entrance.

"Same old. Just kinda nervous." She rolled her lips into her mouth as she shoulders dropped.

His brows furrowed in a sad manner, he placed a comforting hand on her clothed shoulder, "Hey. If you wanna walk out at anytime you can. I'll come with you. If this is to much for you right now then don't go in. I'll take you home."

"No. No, really. I'm fine. I'm just nervous, that's all. I wanna be here and see my friends." She promised, shaking her head no to his mind offer.

He nodded with a small grin, opening the glass door for her, allowing her to walk in first as he followed in behind her.

The waitress immediately recognized the two, her cheeks becoming a burning red as her hands began to shake, "Hello. Welcome to, um, the Chophouse. I'm assuming that you're, um, joining the rest of the cast in the back room."

"Yes, we are." Drew gave her a welcoming gesture, sensing that she'd been freaking out.

She nodded, stepping from around the hostess desk as she led to duo towards the back, people seated around the restaurant staring at the two, eyes wide and mouths open.

"Here you are." The blonde girl opened the door for them, beaming brightly as they thanked her.

Heads turned towards the doors, yells and chatter echoing as they laid eyes on the friends.

Madelyn came running to the brunette, smothering her in a large hug, her teeth white as she grinned so largely, "I'm so happy you're here! We've missed you."

The brunette smiled lighty as she hugged her friend, "Happy to be here."

She glanced over at the table, spotting the rest of her cast mates, JD sat beside Madison at the end of the table, Austin and Drew sat opposite of them while Lilah, Chase, Jonas, Rudy, and Elaine sat at the far side of the table.

"We saved you a seat." Madelyn gestured towards the two open chairs, which happened to fast the girls two least favorite people in that moment.

"Oh." Was all she said as she followed the giddy girl to the seats.

Ruby paused as his eyes flickered to the girl scooting the chair out, an uncomfortable expression on her face as she avoided looking at him, instead folding her legs as her eyes traced the menu.

"What are you getting?" Madison asked, completely ignoring the staring eyes, talking to the blonde as she pursed her glossed lips.

Madelyn hummed in indecisiveness, bringing her painted pointer finger to the edge of the menu, "Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail. Sounds quite appetizing."

"I hate seafood." Madison gagged, turning her vision back to the paper as the waitress began to come around.

"What can I get you to drink?" The waitress asked, a sweet smile on her face, her name tag reading Kourt as she held a notepad.

Madison rolled her lips into her mouth before responding, "Uh, just a water."

"You sure? After carrying the music industry on tour back from that album I think you deserve a Martini." Kourt winked playfully, watching as her cheeks got red.

"Oh my." Madison chuckled with shyness, "Thank you. I'll go with the Hot Pepper Martini then."

Kourt nodded pleasingly as she write down her order, turning her back down her as she sauntered out of the room.

"A martini? Who is she?" Drew joked, bringing his hand to cover his mouth dramatically.

Madison rolled her eyes, "Oh, shut up."

"So, tell us, Mads. How's it been after releasing the album. You sorta went ghost mode on us." Jonas crossed his hands, sitting at the far end of the table.

Jonas had always been like a father figure to Madison, always on her case about doing things that benefited herself and no one else.

She tucked her hair behind her ear as she gulped, "Yeah. Sorry bout that. It's been well, actually. I'm still continuing to write music but it's been slow. I'm enjoying it tho, and happy to be back here."

Kourt came through the floppy doors, joined by another dark haired man, carrying the drinks as they handed them out.

Jonas lifted his beer bottle, "To being back together?"

"To be back together!" Everyone lifted their drinks, bringing the glass to their lips as the sweet taste of alcohol burned.

Ruby smiled as he watched Madison laugh with her friends, ignoring the harsh glaring from the girl beside him.

He was in a trance. Had he still be in love with her all this time?

hello!!