019

CHAPTER NINETEEN
It's a bad habit.

MADELYN GAWKED AT THE brunette girl as she listened to her speak, her eyes wide as her jaw was touching the floor.

They sat across from each-other, seated on the gray bean bags surrounded by snacks and drinks, after a long day of filming, Madelyn was growing antsy to find out what her best friend was up to.

"So, are you guys like officially a thing again?" Madelyn asked, her brows furrowed as she split the kit kat in half.

Madison shrugged, finishing off her ice tea, "I'm not sure. We're probably gonna take things slow from here I assume."

"Look, Mads, I'm happy for you. I'm just nervous he's gonna hurt you again. I love Rudy, I truly do, it's just he's a shitty boyfriend sometimes. I don't want to see you how you were last year." Madelyn frowned slightly.

"I know. Thanks, Madelyn. I just feel like maybe this time might be right. You know? Elaine is sorta out of the picture. I trust Rudy." Madison sighed, a flush creeping across her face as she recalled of the trailer just a few hours ago.

Madelyn chuckled, throwing a bag of candy at the girl, earning a shriek from her, "You're blushing so hard! You look like a tomato."

"I do not!" Madison argued playfully, tossing the gummy worms back at Madelyn, "It's just hot in here."

"Yeah, totally. It's definitely not cause of a name rhyming with booty." Madelyn mocked her, laughing hysterically as Madison's lips parted.

Madison bent over laughing, tears forming in her eyes as she tried to catch her breathe, "Booty?"

"It's past my bed time." Madelyn got up, shaking her head as she wiped beneath her eyes, "Goodnight, sissy. Have wet dreams about Rudy. Love ya!"

"Madelyn!" Madison scolded her, "You're to much. Love ya!"

Madison chuckled to herself, throwing around the empty bags of junk food before going out onto the balcony, her eyes fell on her folded up piano hidden behind the ottoman.

She sat on the chair, the wind blowing on her face along with the few frizzes in her pinned up hair, she ran her fingers down the piano.

Placing her fingers on the keys, she gently hummed to herself, building a small chorus.

Habits I'm trying to kick, can't get over it
Lovers I hate to admit are the ghost of it
I don't know why I try anymore

Wasting the days to forget that I'm losing it
Stuck in my ways and I hate that I'm used to it
I don't know why I try anymore

She nodded to the echoing sound of the music, glancing out to the pitch black sky, a few stars glancing down at her.

You go and I stay
It's always right person and wrong way
I hate to be right, please, tell me I'm wrong
Please, tell me I'm wrong

'Cause it's on again off again
Love you like oxygen
I don't know what to say or do
On again, off again
Love you like oxygen
You don't know what I'd do for you

Her sleeves draped down her arms, legs crossed, with the feeling of hands holding her own.

I'm stubborn and brittle
Act like I know a lot, but know very little
I'm growing up, but I'm not growing old
And I hate to do anything that I've been told

You go and I stay
It's always right person and wrong way
I hate to be right, please, tell mе I'm wrong
Please, tell mе I'm wrong

She smiled to herself, fluttering her eyes closed as she continued to play.

'Cause it's on again, off again
Love you like oxygen
I don't know what to say or do
On again, off again
Love you like oxygen
You don't know what I'd do for you

Madison pushed the piano from her, folding it down and placing it underneath the ottoman, she turned her head up to the sky, watching the shooting star sprint across the darkness.

She shut her eyes once more, making a wish she'd made a million times, but this time she'd hope it'd actually come true.

Moving inside, she locked the balcony door, nearly tossing herself onto her bed, the fresh sheets reeking of lavender, she pressed her cheek against her pillow.

"Glad you brought that piano?" Madelyn mumbled from her bed, her back facing her.

"Very." Madison laughed, burying herself underneath the blankets, a smile plastered on her face throughout the night.