Eleven

"Something's not right." Bentley says as she looked at Stefan. "How is that possible for her to look like Katherine? I mean, I've known Elena for a long time and this..." she pointed at the picture. "I can tell she's frightened by this."

"I did some digging as Elena is a Gilbert and Katherine a Pierce."

"She's adopted." She said as she looked at Stefan. "What was the real reason why you came back here?"

"You." He tells her as he took her hands. "I saw you first that night and I knew I had to know you."

Bentley smiled as she tried to call her friend again. "I guess she's not too happy with me." She says. "I think once you tell her, then she could stop this jealousy side she has."

Stefan nodded in agreement. He knew that Elena would be wondering why he fell for Bentley, but she knows the truth. Deciding to tell her more, Stefan continued to tell her about that night. How he pulled her out first then Elena. It was always her and not Elena as he didn't want to repeat history this time.
~~~
Bentley started doing some digging for Elena as she knew this was going to be too much to take in. "Where to start looking?" She mumbled than thought of paper work to see if the mother is on there. Bentley went back to the day Elena was born and stopped as she saw a birth certificate for her, but the names say Grayson and Miranda Gilbert. "Adoption papers than." She looked and found her answers and smile. "Print."

"Did you find anything?" Stefan asked as he walked in.

"Yep. She was adopted and here is all the proof. Problem is that it doesn't show who the mother or father really are."

"We'll find out or Elena will ask Jenna."

"I'll go to Bonnie to get her to help me."

Stefan grabbed her hand making her smile. "Let's go together."

Bentley smiled as wasn't going to work alone. It was with Stefan and she knows that she will find out the truth along with him for her friend.
~~~
Elena was shocked as Stefan explained the story of how she survived. "He saved me, but yet he wanted you. Why?"

"I'm not repeating history." Stefan says. "I saw Bentley first that night and in that moment, I knew I had to know her."

"Oh." Elena said as she looked down. "I'm sorry, Bentley."

"It's fine and Stefan and I have agreed on trying to find out more on who your birth mother is."

Elena nodded as she left. Bentley looked at Stefan as they knew this was something that was going to bother them till they finally have answers as to why she was given up to begin with.