Thirteen

The door opened to reveal Bentley and Stefan sound asleep. Damon cleared his throat causing Stefan and Bentley to wake up. "Get out." Bentley tells him as she hid under the pillow. "I know what you want and we will once we are fully awake. Now out."

Stefan looked at Bentley as she stayed under the pillow causing him to look at his brother. "We told you once that we are going to help you, so leave."

Damon shrugged as he left. Bentley felt the pillow being lifted causing her to look at Stefan. She smirked as she brought him back down and kissed him. Stefan laughed as he didn't care what his brother wanted. Right now, it was just him and Bentley.
~~~
Bentley went to the Gilbert household to see if Elena had a choice in talking to Jeremy. "Elena." Bentley said as Elena opened the door. "Any luck."

"No."

"Are you sure Jeremy had that journal? If so, then he either knows or thinks your ancestor is crazy." Bentley said. "I'm going to the search around town..."

"Are you two looking for that old book?" Jeremy asked them as they nodded. "Yeah, I gave it to Alaric to look at it. Why is everyone wanting to look at that book?"

"Why do you ask that?" Bentley asked.

"Anna asked."

Bentley pulled her phone out as she dialed it to speak to Stefan. Elena looked at him and wondered why Anna. "Hey, meet me at the school." Bentley says as she went to her car. "Our history teacher has that book and I think I know why he is back here. Just meet me there and if you go in, let me know and I'll wait outside."
~~~
When the blonde arrived at the school, Stefan stood waiting for her causing her to smile. "You didn't have to wait for me." She says.

"I know, but I thought we can do this together."

Bentley smiled as they walked into the school. Stefan picked her up and used his speed to the history class. Bentley told Stefan to get in there first to spook him. She waited for about five minutes before walking in. "So your a hunter?" She asked causing Alaric and Stefan to look at her. "We know you have the journal and we need that so we can get Damon gone."

"Hold on." He said as he walked to the desk.

Bentley watched as he started searching for the journal. Stefan watched how Bentley looked at some of the weapons Alaric has. She sighed as she knew this is what her mom has some things like this since she discovered Liz was a hunter herself. "I thought I had it, but I made copies."

"Can we borrow them?" Bentley asked as she looked away from the weapons.

"Sure."
~~~
At Elena's, Stefan and Bentley were searching for answers on where to find the grimoire, but they had a totally different plan. Stefan doesn't want Katherine back and neither does Bentley and Elena. "Guys." Elena said causing them to look at her. "Who did Johnathan trust?"

Stefan looked at Bentley causing her to look at him. "My father."

"That's where the grimoire is buried." Bentley said. "Let's go visit your father."
~~~
Elena watched as Stefan and Bentley worked on digging up Giuseppe Salvatore's grave. She watched them laugh and joke around as they dig making her understand why her best friend was picked over her. Bentley knew how to help and accept a lot of things. "I should have known you three would lie to me."

"Oh no." Bentley said as she looked at Damon. "We did it because no one wants to have hell from a bitch that you are so desperately wanting back. I don't think she loved you, Damon, but if you want to risk getting hurt again, that's on you not us."

Damon grabbed Bentley and forced his blood in her mouth. "Bentley!" Elena cried out.

"Now, you either give me that grimoire or we will have us a vampire girlfriend on our hands."

Bentley never given much thought of how she would die, but Damon wasn't joking. He will kill her if they don't hand over that grimoire.
~~~
After that, Stefan laid with Bentley in bed as she had thought long and hard about it. "If I was dying, I want you to turn me." She said. "I don't want to die."

"Are you sure?"

"I have you to help me. So if something is life threatening, I want it to be your blood that turns me."

Stefan kissed her head as Bentley heard her phone ringing. She grabbed it and answered it. Stefan listened in just to hear a concerned Jenna. Elena is missing.