Twenty eight

Caroline walked in her sister's room to see her sleeping. She leaned against the door frame with a smile as she couldn't believe how far they came, but she was scared of Katherine, someone Bentley isn't afraid of. She knew she should wake her up about the search for the moonstone, but she didn't have the guts to wake her sister up. "Caroline, why are you staring at me?"

"Um...we have to go find the moonstone."

Sighing, Bentley raised up. "I know, but I don't know to be honest. Kellan said that Damon is interrogating Mason and Stefan is wanting us to figure out why Katherine wants that moonstone."

"I know, but we need to talk to our friends to see how they like us being like we are now." She tells her. "Bentley, I'm already losing Matt, but I can't lose my friends."

"And you won't." Bentley tells her. "Even if we lose Bonnie and Elena, we still have each other."

"That's right." She says hugging her. "Let's go."
~~~
At the Lockwoods land, the twins were walking with Bonnie talking, well more like Caroline talking because bentley has been texting Stefan as him and Kellan were working together. "I have never thought...."

"Bentley?"

"Hmmm." She says.

"You're quiet."

"I'm trying to understand why Katherine is obsessed with this moonstone, but there was a reason why she turned us and it won't be long till she tries to trigger someone's werewolf....I think she's running and there is something about to happen." She tells them. "The only way to find out is when something happens."

"Bentley, I want to say I'm sorry for how things went. You and Caroline are still my friends and we will find out what is going on."

The blonde with pink tips smiled as her phone started ringing causing her to answer it. "Hello?" She says. "Stefan, where do you think we should look...the well? Why there?"

"I don't know, baby, but I think it's a trap. Kellan is on his way there, but I want you here with me. I need your help."

Nodding, she hung the phone up and looked at her sister and friends. "Stefan needs my help, but Kellan and Elena are heading to the well here."

They nodded as they walked away leaving Bentley alone. She turned around to bump into Stefan causing her to smile. "Hi." She says. "What brings you by?"

"You." He says kissing her. "I have a bad feeling about this and we are going to find out together."

Bentley smiled as she knew Stefan was making sure they work together. He pulled her into a hug as he was scared. Something about this isn't doesn't make sense and she was worried because something could be happening and they will lose loved ones, but what could that something be.