Nightmares

A few weeks go by. Hank taking out Angel to play every once or twice a week, which wad enough to keep her happy.

Tricky would always join her in the park and teach her some new tricks and play with her. Even Jebus sometimes came down from the clouds to say 'hello' to Angel and Hank.

Hank got annoyed by Jebus but still beared being near him because of Angel.

Hank still went on missions every now and then leaving her with Deimos and Sanford. This made her sad and often wonder what job he did, but she never questioned him out of fear due to her past experiences with foster parents.

Whenever Hank came home Angel would go and Hug him tightly reminding him how much she missed him. Hank would hug her back after those exhausting missions and feel at home.

----------

Midnight was quiet and still. The moon shone brightly in the dark. Certain sounds could be heard from Angel's room. She murmured in her sleep, "Do-Don't.... Please don't hurt me... Please help... He-help me..."

She then woke up in a shock, she started to sweat and tremble in fear. She curled herself into a ball and started to slowly cry while rocking back and forth.

'Should I go to dad?.... But I don't wanna wake him up... He must be so tired."

After thinking for a long while, not being able to calm herself down Angel finally went to Hanks room while hugging Berry tightly. She opened the door slowly and peeked before entering inside.

Hank woke up due to footsteps, he was good at sensing even in his sleep. He turned his head to see Angel slowly approaching him. He then mumbled, "What are you doing Angel?"

Angel stood frozen for a second before replying, "I had a nightmare..."

Hank then sighed, he got up and patted beside him for Angel to sit. Angel sat beside him and Hank helped her sleep. She laid down thinking how it was the first time she saw Hank with his dark clothes. He was wearing white PJs and and a Bandage on his head.

Hank asked her, "What was your nightmare about?... It's okay if you don't wanna tell me."

Angel took a minute and said, "It was about the orphanage... I saw that those men tried to kill me again..."

Hank then hugged Angel, "Don't worry Angel. I will make sure no one ever hurts you or even comes near you."

Angel smiled, "Thanks Dad!"

"No problem Angel. I promise to keep you safe. And I will keep you safe for as long as I live."

Angel then closed her eyes as she got comfortable. Hank patted her head gently to put her to sleep while humming a tune. Angel then quickly drifted off to sleep. Hank smiled and debated for a while then he finally laid beside her and hugged her. Angel then smiled in her dream. Hank finally slept peacefully.

 Hank finally slept peacefully