Revenge

It was morning again in Nevada.

Angel was sitting on the ground smiling and playing with Needletail's fur while she purred.

A while later Jebus came in the abandoned storage building with some snacks for the two of them.

Angel looked up at Jebus and greeted him and Jebus went up to her and handed her the snacks with a gentle smile and put Needletail's bowl down with cat food as well.

After eating her snacks, Angel kept staring at Jebus for a while which didn't go unnoticed by him and so he asked her, "What happened little Angel? You need something?"

Angel looked down for a bit being a bit hesitant at first but then looked up at him and said, "How did you get the Halo, Jebus?"

Jebus usually waved off this question from Angel whenever she asked him before, but now it seemed like he couldn't do it since Angel went through something that had happened years ago to a Grunt too.

He now thinks Angel at least deserves to know the truth even if it breaks their friendship.

Jebus went upto her and sat infront of her and with a big sigh said, "I... got it from a Grunt before..."

Angel looked at him intensely as if she didn't believe him. Somehow the Halo also gave her a power to tell what's a lie and what's the truth.

Jebus looked and was surprised that she caught on to it. He then said, "Okay. Maybe I 'took' it away from a Grunt... But that was long ago. The Grunt was killed in fear that he was too powerful with the Halo."

Angel looked at him with fear in her eyes and backed up a bit. Needletail saw her distress and rushed near her as she nuzzled near hear and meowed to ask if she was alright but Angel was too scared to pay attention to what Needletail was saying.

Angel said with a broken voice, "So you killed them and took their Halo...?"

Jebus said, "Hey hey little Angel calm down... I didn't kill him, the Agents did. I was just a scientist doing my job. I wouldn't have taken the Halo if it wasn't an emergency. I just wanted- still want to save Nevada! So don't you worry. I will fix everything! Nevada will be back to normalcy again!

Angel now held Needletail close to her for comfort and said as a tear fell from her eye, "You wouldn't try to kill me for my Halo too..... Would you..?"

Jebus shook his head frantically and said, "I would never even dream of harming you little Angel! Let alone kill you..."

Jebus looked her in the eyes and Angel knew immediately that he was telling the truth. So she sighed in relief and calmed herself down with Needletail's help. Needletail then playfully licked her cheek to cheer her up, which worked and she giggled.

Jebus then smiled and stood up. He then started to walk away to get some fresh air outside. Then he noticed something huge walking towards him from the distance. His eyes widened as he couldn't believe it.

He instantly drew his sword out and took a stance. The tall figure smiled wide with it's sharp teeth in view. The figure then spread his arms as in a welcoming way and said in amusement. "Miss me, old 'Friend'?"

This made Jebus enraged and so he asked, "How are you alive again Phobos!? I killed you ages ago!"

Phobos laughed and said, "Ofcourse you did. But guess what? Auditor revived me and made me stronger, just so I could kill you this time. I will have you pay for it... I will have my Revenge today!"

He growled in a low voice and took out his own sword from his back and launched himself towards Jebus.

Their swords clanked loudly alerting Angel and Needletail inside. They both rushed towards the noise and saw Jebus fighting someone. Needletail said looking up at Angel, "We should run away from here! I am sure Jebus can handle him!"

Angel looked at Needletail but saw a tinge of doubt in her but followed Needletail's idea anyway. They both started to run away towards different buildings to find a hiding spot for now.

Jebus on the other hand fought Phobos giving all he got. Jebus dodged most of his attacks but got bruises too. After a while Jebus started to pant in exhaustion.

Phobos saw him and laughed, "Getting a little old for this, aren't you? My 'friend'."

Jebus looked at him and said, "Who said I was getting tired?"

Phobes smirked, "Oh don't lie to me Chirstoff. I have known you long enough. But I have to say... You have grown stronger than before. Is it because of the little girl?"

Jebus only huffed, "That child has nothing to do with this! This is a fight between you and me, so leave her alone from this!!"

Phobos said in a dark voice, "But I can't leave her alone. She is my mission too you know. So I will get to her, after I finish you!"

Phobos started swing his sword again at Jebus which he dodged with so many close calls. But Jebus couldn't keep it up forever so he backed away with each hit Phobos threw at him and when he let his guard slip, Phobos took the opportunity and stabbed him into his chest.

Jebus fell down and saw Phobos laughing as he died slowly bleeding to death. Phobos then left him there and went in search for Angel.

Looking around he saw a slight golden glow coming in from a building which quickly disappeared with running footsteps.

Phobos swiftly ran towards the light but it wasn't there anymore. He looked around, even behind the boxes and in smaller spaces, searching for the girl but saw nothing. Then he noticed a few bags and plastic sheets covering something.

He smirked and went near and took the covers away to reveal Angel scared and hiding there.

Phobos gave a fake sweet smile and said, "Peek-a-Boo! I found you!"

Needletail was beside Angel and she hissed as he tried to grab Angel.

Needletail pounced on Phobos hand and bit it hard saying, "Stay away from her!!!"

Angel scremed, "Needletail No!!"

Phobos groaned in pain and flicked his hand to get Needletail off of him.
Needletail fell back but got up.

Phobos tried to grab Angel but nearly missed as she tried to run but he caught her by her tiny hand instead. He said, "You are coming with me. So stop making my task difficult by running you little rat!"

Needletail then grabbed Angel's dress with her mouth and tried to pull her back. Phobos only laughed at this and said, "Cute attempt kitty, but you are weak."

Phobos then flinged his had at Needletail sending her flying onto a wall, a piece of Angel's cloth tearing in the process.

Angel cried, "Needletail!!! No No No please.... Please not her too... Please Let Me Go!!!!"

Phobos got even angrier by her crying and knocked Angel out with a slap. He then picked her up with one hand and went back to another Secret Base that Auditor was waiting in for.