Chapter 6

Sunday morning, "Apple smear season is officially open!" Tom yelled in excitement as he holds a tennis racket. All the kids cheered except for Charlie and Lorraine since they were not present.

"The president of United States Sarah Barker will throw out the first apple" Tom said being the commentator as he gets ready to bat. He smashed the apple to pieces that Sarah threw his way and it splatter over all the kids but they didn't care about that, they were having fun.

Nora, Sky and Hank sat outside in the car watching, Nora and Sky with a smile on their face and Hank with displeasure. Nora and Hank actually picked up Sky from school and they met Calvin who Nora was shock to see, again.

"Apple smear, it's a game our great grandmother invented" Nora gush to Hank who Sky didn't particularly like. "Neat" he said unhappy, he still can't believe he fell for the puppy eyes.

Soon enough Sarah spot her sisters and smile, "time out, Nora and Sky are here!" She shout to the other and they ran off towards Hank red car.

They screamed their name as they exit the car, "stop! Stop! Please do not touch the laverne!" Hank shouted stopping them from getting closer to his car. The kids stop inches away from it when they got the warning, "Tom, Tom can we please have the kids respect the premider of the car please?" Hank asked as he step in front of his car.

Sky rolled her eyes at him and grab her bags from the back of the car and moved over to Kim and Jessica. "Nora! Sky! Welcome!" Tom and Kate greeted their daughters and brought them inside leaving Hank behind.

Sky pulled away from her parents and Nora once they reach the porch, they went inside the house but she could smell a prank about to happen from far away. She saw Sarah whispered to the other kids and smirk as they separated.

Sarah, Kim and Jessica saw her watching them and Sky only winked at them causing them to smile happily. Hank walked along the path walking like his on a runway, "Hank heads up!"

Sarah yelled out as she threw an apple his way. Hank looked up and caught it the same time Jake skate inches away from him on his skate board. This cause Hank to step back trying not to be hit by Jake but then Kyle and Nigel pulled the hose causing him to fall backwards in the dog's dirty water in the pool.

This caused Skylar to burst out laughing and just walked inside, "what's so funny?" Kate asked her daughter. "Oh nothing, just Hank tripping into the pool" Skylar said amusingly as Nora ran outside with Tom behind her.

***********************************************
Hank sat on the couch dressed in a bathrobe since his clothes is in the wash, while Kim, Jessica, Mark and Gunner sat on the couches in front of him.

"Sorry about your clothes Hank, we'll have them dry in no time" Jessica apologizes, but Hank only mocked her. "What's with the steering? Stop looking at me" Hank demandeds, but the kids just sat there and look.

Soon enough the parents, Nora and Skylar joined them with lemonades in hand. Sky shifted Mark so he was now sitting on her lap, then she pet gunner on the head.

"So um, how's the acting career going Hank?" Tom asked curiously. "If it was going any better there would be two of me" Hank said exaggerating with a chuckle.

"Yeah, we saw you in the commercial with the gargling, the mouth wash ad" Kate tells him. "Yeah the remarkable thing about my career is that I started acting a month ago and I'm already on tv. It's the really deal, the career is white hot Tom, it's on fire" Hank explains happily.

"I read that most actors end up in the food service company" Kim said causing Sky to slightly choke on her drink. She knows fully well that Kim is lying because she is the one who her that Hank is going to end up in the food service company.

"That's not going to happen to Hank, Kim" Nora said after a few seconds of awkward silence. "Candidately I think Nora's right, it going so good that I can hardly go out in public" Hank lied, causing Sky to get bored so she texted Calvin.

"Um, between the paparazzi, autograph hounds" Hank spits more lies, "autograph and everything? Just after one commercial and you have paparazzi?" Kate asked in disbelief not really buying what he's selling.

"Yea, I've never actually seen them, but they hide in the bush and they get their shot. And the crazy thing is, now we're trying to sit at home like regular joes and we're watching TV right. And boom! Comes on a commercial and BAM! There's me. It's like you expect to see your self in the mirror you know? Your expecting to see the handsome devil but not on the tv like it is. It's like bam! Bam! You turn the channel your trying to get it out. It keeps on popping up, like I can run from me but I cant hide from me" Hanks said proudly.

"What a nightmare?" Tom said sarcastically then glared at Hank, not liking him at all. Then out of nowhere Nora kissed Hank and they began to make-out in front of everyone like their the only person in the room. Sky immediately covered Mark's eyes to preventing him from being scared for life.

"Nora honey you wanna help me in the kitchen?" Kate asked getting up from her seat. But the couple just kept on kissing, Kate clap her hands to get her daughters attention, "Nora stop!" Kate yelled fed up.

This caught Nora's attention and she pulled away from Hank immediately, "wanna help me in the kitchen with a pie? Look up a picture of grandma say rosary. Com'on kids here we go, everybody out" Kate said as she left the room with all her kids following behind her.

That left Hank and Tom alone in the living room, "Tommy, Tommy, Tommy, Tommy, Tommy" Hank said with a smirk relaxing on the couch.

*********

Sky went upstairs where she knew she would be able to find her sister and brother, she went to Lorraine's room first. She see her putting away new clothes, "hey shopaholic" Sky greeted her.

Lorraine screamed and then hugged her, "when did you get here?" She asked smiling. "A few minutes ago, I'll be here for a couple of weeks. Since some my classes are online now, but I'll have to go to school once a week to submit my work and have at least one face to face class" Sky explains.

"A couple of weeks, this would be the longest your home since you left for college" Lorraine said with a sad smile. Sky looked away from her and bit her lip, "yeah, um I have just been busy with school-" She began to say but Lorraine cut her off.

"You can feed that bull to mom and dad but not me. It obviously has to do with a guy. Only a guy make a Baker girl go all googly" Lorraine said laughing.

Sky laugh too, "ok so yes it's a guy, but dad would immediately hate him if he meets him, again" Sky confessed. Lorraine gave her a confused look so Sky showed her a picture of Calvin.

"Holy shit! That's! Dad can never know about him, he would literally have a heart attack!" Lorraine exclaimed when she saw Calvin's picture.

"I know, and that's why only you and Nora know ok" Sky said running her hand through her hair frustrated. "Does his dad know? Cause last I check he hated all Bakers" Lorraine asked curiously.

"He does and he wasn't happy at first but he's ok now. We speak on the phone three times a week. He wanted to call dad and rub it in his face that am switching family but Calvin and I had to swear him to secrecy" Sky explained to her.

"I don't know the guy personally so I don't hate him, as long as your happy am happy" Lorraine told her smiling. "Happy about what?" Charlie asked frightening the girls who's backs were to the door.

"Holy crap Charlie!" Lorraine scream holding her chest, he only smiled and walked over to them and hugged Sky. "So what are we happy about?" Charlie asked curiously, neither of the girls answered, but Charlie saw Sky's phone with a picture of her and Calvin on it and grab it to see it better.

"Dad's going to kill you" Charlie said once he recognized who the guy was. "Please don't say anything, I'll tell dad when am ready" Sky begged him, "it's not my business who you date, as long as your happy" Charlie said giving her back her phone causing her to hug him happily.

"Oh yeah, dinners ready" he said when she let him go, they laugh and walked downstairs to the dining room. They took their seats at the table when Tom and Hank walked in and took their seats also. Hank was now fully dressed in dry clothes. Sky looked around the table and notice that some of the kids where missing but didn't say anything.