Chapter 11

Tom climbed into the boat and squeezed in between Sarah and Elliot, this immediately made Skylar suspicious about his actions.

"How's the wedding planning going dad?" Skylar asked him watching him closely, "it's great!" He answered smiling at her.

She look away from him and took a seat beside Calvin as he starts the boat up, "everybody ready?" Calvin asked.

"Yeah, this is going to be fun" Tom said, "yeah, why dont you go first dad?" Sarah asked wanting to be alone with parents.

They drove out a bit to the water and Tom went first on the knee boat, "you guys keep an eye on him ok" Calvin tell the kids then look out to Tom, "ready Mr. Baker?" Calvin asked rhetorically and without waiting for answer he started the boat and put in his earphones.

Skylar knew this would end bad for her dad so she got out her earplugs and focus on her phone.

Tom immediately screamed out when the boat sped across the lake with him on the knee board, it was not as easy as Jimmy makes it out to be. Calvin drove the boat through the obstacle course which cause Tom to become airborne and lands back in the water without the knee board.

A few minutes later Sarah turned away from her conversation with Elliot remembering that her dad is on the knee board. She screamed in shock when she saw her dad dearly hanging on with the knee board gone.

She and Elliot immediately yelled out to Calvin for him to stop the boat, Skylar turn around to them first and almost laugh seeing her dad but made Calvin stop the boat. Calvin jumped in the lake and brought Tom into the boat, after making sure he was ok they brought him back the docks.

"You'll do better next time Mr. Baker! It's ok!" Elliot yelled out to Tom as he walk on the docks toward his house.

"Sure he'll be ok?" Calvin asked curiously, "he'll be fine, only thing hurt is his pride" Skylar told him.

Then they heard a crash, Tom a fallen through the docks board so have of his body is in the water.

"Dad! You ok?" Sarah asked worriedly, "it's all good" Tom answered giving a tombs up as him got up and went inside.

"As fun as that was to watch, let's do this properly, I'll go next" Skylar said when Calvin began to drive the boat again.

-

Later as Skylar finished up her studies she received a angry phone call from Lorraine about their dad embarrassing Sarah in front of the whole family. Then Sarah brushed her off when she tried to comfort her and that she cant wait to move to New York. Skylar couldn't believe her dad was that clueless to unknowingly embarrass Sarah in front of the family about liking Elliot.

-

The next morning, bright and early Kate, Sabrina, Ann, Nora and Lorraine went wedding dress shopping, it only took two hours but Skylar found the perfect dress for her.

Kate and Sabrina left the girls having have a tennis match with their husband to get to. The girls hang out a bit but Skylar had to meet up with Calvin as the gift shop, kissed when they saw each other.

They saw their dad's and walked over to them only to hear Jimmy say, "-there is a reason your kids are screw ups".

This cause Skylar to gasped silently, she couldn't believe that her soon to be father-in-law said that.

"My kids screwed up, they are not screw ups" Tom tells Jimmy upset, "your not strick enough. Parenting is not a popularity contest Tom, but I guess if you knew that your kids wouldn't be so undisciplined" Jimmy advised as Tom walked away from him and he walk him down.

"The only problem with my kids is that they are hanging around your kids and marrying one of them. When we both know that marriage won't last" Tom advised Jimmy.

"It wasn't my daughter that got caught stealing or trapped my eldest son" Jimmy rebutted, this cause both Calvin and Skylar to look at their fathers in disbelief.

"It wasn't my son that crash a tennis court or using money to buy my daughter" Tom said angrily.

"You actually think am screwing up my kids Baker?" Jimmy asked Tom in disbelief, "yeah, and one day they're going to crack" Tom tells him smirking.

"Ok let's test that theory, on labour day, Murtaugh's vs Bakers for the cup" Jimmy challenged him.

"Your on, we'll see you there" Tom immediately agreed, Tom walked off and Jimmy smirk turning around only to see Skylar and Calvin's pisst off faces.

"Am going to stay at my parents tonight" Skylar mumbled to Calvin and walk off to her car. Calvin glared at his dad and left to find Kenneth and Sabrina so he doesn't punch his dad in the face.

An hour later when Tom and Kate got home, Tom immediately called a family meeting and got out his whiteboard.

Once everyone got together Tom faced them, "alright from now on, no seeing the Murtaugh's, no talking to the Murtaugh's, no thinking about the Murtaugh's" Tom tells them.

"Dad, Calvin and I are getting married" Skylar tells him rolling her eyes, "sorry, not sorry the wedding will have to be cancelled" Tom tells her with a small unnoticeable smirk.

"No!" Skylar yelled at him while hitting the table this cause everyone to jump in fright.

"I am marrying Calvin in a few days and no labour day cup is stopping that dad. So we either get marry as planned or we just do it without you and Jimmy" Skylar tells him glaring at him causing him to take a step back and nod.

"The wedding will go on" Kate advised her husband and daughter, "can't we still like see them?" Sarah asked curiously, "no!" Tom immediately answered.

"Right now, I am not your father am your coach and we're gonna twice a day everyday starting outside in ten minutes.