Chapter 3

The next day

"Hey Charlie, your conferencing with all of us including Skylar and Lorraine" Kate said on the phone that's on speaker with all the kids on the bed.

"Hey guys what's?" Charlie asked, he is at work, "yes am here" Lorraine said who is out with friends, "am listening" Skylar said as she prepared to go on the tennis court with Calvin's stepmom.

"We got a suprise, your mom and I rent the big house in Lake Winnetka" Tom announced, Skylar whispered a silent "oh shit" when she heard the new.

"Winnetka? That's my middle name" Kyle said, "and Lake is mine" Nigel said smiling.

"And it's where we're going to spend labour day just like the old days" Tom said smiling at his kids.

No one said anything for a few seconds, "dad am gonna be very pregnant by then" Nora said as she leans on Bud, "yeah, and am gonna be apartment hunting in New York in August" Lorraine said.

"And I want to hangout with my friends this summer dude" Jake explains.

"How come Nigel and me and are named after a house?" Kyle asked curiously, "good question, your middle name is Winnetka and Nigel your middle name is Lake because you were conceived in that house" Tom explains to them.

Skylar shivered in disgust at the mental picture she got in her head. "What does conceived means?" Kyle asked curiously, "it means that mom and dad-" Jessica was immediately cut off by Kate "had a conversation that will be discussed at a much later time, when everybody can understand it" Kate says before Jessica says what she's not.

"Kyle and I will go any place with our name on it" Nigel said. "Bingo, come on!" Tom point at the twin happily, "yeah, I love the Lake am in" Charlie said agreeing with the twin.

"Whoo!" Tom cheered, "I guess I can cancel a couple of gigs" Henry said, "bingo!" Tom smiled, "ok we're in" Nora and Bud agreed, "alright!" Tom cheered again.

"We agree to participate" Jessica, Kim and Mark said together. "Come on dudes, we'll bring the wake board and totally dominate" Sarah said to her brothers, "ok, we're in" Mike and Jake agreed.

"Alright, that's just leave Lorraine and Skylar" Tom announced. "Come on, you have to go, please" all the kids bagged, "alright you guys here's the deal, I'll go to the lake if dad stop nagging me about not going to New York anymore" Lorraine said.

"Deal skylar?" Tom asked, "am already here" Skylar admits, "what?" They all asked confused, "as you know am spending summer with Calvin's family, we're at the Lake" Skylar tells them happily. Tom smiled, "that's a dozen plus one, we're going to the Lake!" Tom cheered loudly.

****

After Skylar got off the phone with her family she played a few rounds of tennis with Sabrina then call Calvin.

"Hey babe, how's the Lake?" Calvin asked since he will be there is a few days.

"Beautiful as always, so my family is coming to the Lake for summer vacation" she told him immediately.

"Damn, I really wanted to meet them, guess it will have to wait a couple more days" he said, "so you know how much I love you right?" Skylar asked smirking, "oh, I know that tone, what do you want?" He asked curiously.

"Let's move up our wedding date, I mean we can have it this summer with all of our family in one place" Skylar said to him.

"Before or after our dads kill each other?" Calvin asked amused, "oh, you hate the idea" Skylar said sadly.

"No, it's not that, I love the idea of marrying you at a earlier date. But will it be enough time to plan?" Calvin asked curiously.

"Hey, you and I want a small wedding with just family, your dad is the one who wants his whole company there. If we do it now we get the wedding we want and not what he wants" Skylar explains.

"Your right, I'll call the wedding planner immediately to come down to the lake to go over a few things" Calvin tells her.

They stayed on the phone a few more hours before hanging up, Skylar went and told Calvin's family the news. And let's just says that his father was not happy at all, Skylar didn't tell him about her family coming cause that would just cause even more problems.

******
The next day she went dress shopping with girls, and picked out a dress for Nora and Lorraine who she video chat with when she was at the dress shop.

She tried on about eight dresses but couldn't find the right one, "what if I just can't find the right dress because am not meant to marry Calvin?" Skylar ask sadly.

"No hun don't say that. You two are soulmates. But I think you need your mom" Sabrina tells her, "what? Why?" Skylar asked her confused.

"When I was getting married, I couldn't find the right dress until I had my mom there" Sabrina tells her smiling.

"Its the same thing that happened to me, I didn't find the right dress until mom came" Nora explains on the phone.

"Guess I'll just wait for mom then" Skylar said. Sabrina looked at her a bit confused but she said nothing, they stayed at the dress shop for a while picking out the kids dresses and then left.

Later that night the wedding planned arrived with her team to decorate the wedding location.

Sabrina and Skylar kick Calvin's dad out of the wedding planning saying it's a girl thing and will only need his card.

The wedding planner Sofia insists that for the time being that Skylar should only wear heels. Skylar knows how to wear heels but she hates wearing it because it hurts her feet a lot.

"You are very beautiful, the less makeup you wear for the days leading up to your wedding is good" Sofia told Skylar.

"Am not wearing any makeup" Skylar told her confused as Sofia examines her face, Sofia gave her a look then took a wipe and wipe it across her face.

"Wow" is all Sofia said when she realizes is that Skylar is telling her the truth.