Chapter 7

Skylar rolled her eyes, "not doing it dad, so just drop it" Skylar told him which cause him to sign.

He took up took a basket and began to look around the store for supplies.

"Why do you even have to get married so fast? Your not pregnant are you?" Tom asked looking at her stomach.

"No dad am not pregnant, Calvin and I are waiting until after we're married to talk about having kids" Skylar explains.

Tom rolled his eyes, "so when am I going to meet this Calvin? Cause last time I saw him you punch him in the face" Tom chuckles which caused Skylar to laugh at the memory.

"He will be here in a few days and your going to love him dad" Skylar gushed, "he's not here? Then why aren't you staying with us?" Tom asked confused.

"Calvin he finishing up work before he gets here and the wedding planner is at the Murtaugh's" Skylar explains.

"No, no, no, you are coming to stay with us, your mom, Nora, Lorraine and I would love to plan your wedding" Tom advised as they cash out and left the store.

"Yeah, no am going to pass on that dad" Skylar dismissed his idea, Tom looked at her shocked at her rejection.

"So what? You got use Jimmy's fancy big house and wedding planner that you forgot your family?" Tom asked bitterly.

Skylar signed and rolled her eyes annoyed, "no amount money will make me forget my family dad. I just don't want you to turn my wedding into you one upping Jimmy" Skylar explains.

"I would never do that, I love you too much" Tom said with a hidden smirk. Skylar thought about it for a few minutes, "ok fine you guys can plan the wedding, I'll just let Calvin know" Skylar said as she took out her phone to text him.

Tom rolled his eyes annoyed with the thought of his daughter marrying a Murtaugh. He watch his daughter smile her beautiful smile as she sent off a text, this is the happiest he has ever seen her but he just can't accept the fact that she is going to marry a Murtaugh.

"So Calvin is fine with it as long as he see me walking down the aisle" Skylar giggles as she reads Calvin's text.

"Yeah, yeah, if it was up to me he would be at the bottom of Lake Winnetka" Tom mumbled as he picked up a saw.

"You said something dad?" Skylar asked looking at him confused, "no honey, um, let's go I think we have all the supplies we need" Tom advised.

They paid for the things a drove back to the Lake, "so are we ok now dad?" Skylar asked on the drive back.

"Yeah, we're great, never better" Tom advised her with a fake smile.

Skylar could tell that the smile was fake but said nothing about it, just wanted her dad to stop avoiding her and to accept her and Calvin's relationship.
___________________________________________________

Skylar POV:

When dad and I arrived back I noticed that all the kids are gone, Lorraine is busy looking for apartments and Nora and Bud are off some where.

So I went to find Charlie who was fixing up his car, as always, "I need your help" I said as I approached him.

He look up from his car immediately, "what's wrong? Are you hurt? Is it Calvin?" He immediately asked worriedly.

I smiled at him shaking my head no, "so what is it?" He asked curiously.

"Dad just offered to plan Calvin's and I wedding" I told him biting my bottom lip.

"Oh, that's not going to a happy wedding, did you tell him no?" He asked, "I tried to, but he guilty me into it, by saying am forgetting our family because the Murtaugh's has money" I told him rolling my eyes.

Charlie shakes his head couldn't believe it, "so what do you want me to do?" He asked curiously.

"Can you just keep an eye on dad with the whole wedding planning? I just have this weird feeling that the wedding won't happen with dad" I said sadly.

Charlie pulled me into a hug and kissed me on the head, "look am going to make sure you marry Calvin before summer ends. Dad won't stop this from happening" Charlie assured me, which made me feel a lot better.

My phone rang interrupting our sibling moment, I look who it is and sign sadly, "who is it?" Charlie asked curiously.

"My wedding planner who am going to have to fire because of dad, look am going to meet her at the Murtaugh's" I told Charlie.

We said our goodbyes and I went inside the house to let my parents know am leaving and probably be back later.

A/N: Just a bit of heads up will be updating every night for the few days, am on vacation from work so now have the time to update frequently now.