Chapter 5

Out of nowhere fireworks explosions could be heard from outside, Skylar's eyes widened, she just knew it had something to do with Mark and probably Kenny. She ran from the piano and to the balcony only to see Mark running with his  backpack full of fireworks that's on fire. Mark threw the bag towards the lake but it didn't land in the water, it landed in one of the boats.

"Look out she's gonna blow!" Kenny yelled as he and Mark took off running, then as Kenny said the boat exploded.

The engine flew into the air and landed on the buffet table sending food everywhere. Jimmy looks at Tom and Kate in disbelief as Tom and Kate looked at each other embarrassed as Skylar face palms.

Skylar watch as the parents gathered their children inside, Bakers on one side and Murtaugh on the other.

"Parenting comes down to one word Tom, push, if you don't push they don't do anything" Jimmy advised.

"Ah, well, it's a little more complicated than that" Tom said still embarrassed about what happened.

"Oh is it?" Jimmy asked sarcastically as they all looked over at the Murtaugh kids who sits together as Daniel the second oldest son reads to the others.

Then they look over to where the Baker kids are where Kyle pulls down Nigel pants, Tom tries to get them to stop.

"No one was hurt so it's fine, why don't you and your family come over the boulders sometime?" Sabrina asked.

"Boulders?" Tom asked confused, "yeah, our cottage" Sabrina explains, "we would love to do that sometime" Kate said not really meaning it.

"Hey kids! Why don't you leave the fireworks at home, your welcome at our place anytime we got lazers, wireless internet, plasma screens, satellite TV, all the toys and whistles" Jimmy said to the Baker kids.

This caused them to speak excitedly as Skylar walked over to them, "and let's not forget my future daughter in law" Jimmy said smugly smirking at Tom as he put his arm around Skylar's shoulder causing her to freeze.

She knew he was getting back at her for not telling him her family was coming back at the lake. The Baker family looked at her shocked, "what?" They asked confused.

Skylar let out a nervous laugh, "funny story actually, Calvin proposed I said yes and Jimmy is his dad" Skylar explains very quickly.

But it only took a few seconds for the Bakers to process what she said well expect for Kate, Nora and Bud.

"Your engaged?" Tom asked in disbelief, "yes she is, this Baker is about to be a Murtaugh before summer ends" Jimmy brags some more.

"Before summer ends?" Kate asked in disbelief, she knew her daughter was engaged but she didn't know the wedding would be so soon.

"And when were we going to be told about this?" Tom asked clearly upset, "I was going to tell you today but I was so caught up with wedding planning.... am coming by the house for breakfast tomorrow morning" Skylar explains.

Tom shakes his head and gather his family and left the Lake Club which cause Skylar to roll her eyes at Jimmy and left for the boulders.

******
At the Barker's Lake house-

"What a jerk!" Tom exclaims, "he's your son" Kate says, "not Mark, he's a kid, am talking Jimmy Murtaugh, I bet he couldn't wait to rub it in my face that Skylar is about to be his daughter" Tom complains as he climbed the stairs with his wife.

But he stop and face Nora and Bud, "who knew Skylar was engaged to Jimmy Murtaugh's son?" Tom asked curiously.

Kate, Nora and Bud raised their hands in the air not making eye contact with Tom. "You knew! Why didn't you tell me?!" Tom yelled upset.

"Because of how your reacting now, we all knew how you felt about the Murtaugh's" Kate explains to him.

"I bet he's just like Jimmy, he didn't even asked me for her hand in marriage" Tom complains, "he asked Charlie and went ring shopping with Bud" Nora admitted biting her lip.

"Charlie knew?!" Tom asked in disbelief, "and Lorraine" Bud tells him causing Tom eyes to widened in surprise.

"What we didn't know was that the wedding would be so soon" Kate tells him making Tom calm down a bit.

"That I knew, she moved up the wedding because of us" Nora tells them, "us?" Tom and Kate asked together confused.

"Yeah, all the families are together so she wants the wedding now before Dad and Jimmy kills each other" Nora tells them. Tom shakes his head and head off to bed with everyone else following.
*******

Skylar laid in bed telling Calvin how Jimmy told her family their engaged when he promised he wouldn't.

"Babe am sorry that he did that" Calvin apologizes for his dad, "no it's fine, no! it's not fine, but there is nothing we can do now. Am going over there tomorrow morning to have breakfast and to bribe Sarah" Skylar tells him.

"Why do you need to bribe your sister?" Calvin asked confused, "so she won't prank you, obviously" she tells him.

"The pranks can't be that bad babe" Calvin says amused, "Nora's ex boyfriend Hank, pants were set on fire and his underwear soaked in meat" Skylar informs his.

He didn't say anything for a while, "you think hundred dollars will be enough?" He asked slightly scared.

"Yeah, that will do, but am not using your money am using mine" she tells him, "babe what's mine is yours, I don't mind if you use my money" he tells her.

"I know you don't mind, but we are not married yet so what's yours isn't mine" she explains. They talk for a while then Skylar went to bed early so she could wake early for tomorrow's drama.

Jimmy went to Calvin's room where he knew he would find Skylar to apologize, unfortunately she was asleep. Sabrina had sent him to apologize for what he did when he made a promise not to.

A/N: can't wait for morning 😏.