4. Coffee?

~

We only see each other at weddings and funerals

~

"We can accomplish anything when we accept responsibility together. This is what creates trust."

Every Hargreeeve sibling sleeps in each of their comfortable beds connected to wires and machines.

They don't notice as Reginald enters each of their rooms and turns the lights on. He briefly checks on each of them. Wires run through the hallways all the way to Reginalds office. Static and other energy crackles and echos faintly throughout the house.

The scientist sits at his desk analyzing each statistic and picture of all his children from the large tv screen in front of him. He changes the channel to every single child, jotting down a few notes.

"Together you will stand against the reign of evil."

He pauses at Vanyas channel and sighs, he flips to Eights channel as well and reacts the same.

~

In the main foyer of the academy vanya stands anxiously awaiting her taxi. She takes out her pills and pops two into her mouth dry swallowing them.

Pogo enters the room hobbling with his cane.

"Don't waste your time. Diego's right I shouldn't have come." Vanya acknowledged.

Pogo stopped and began, "this is your home, and always will be. Should I get you a taxi?" He asked considerately.

"I already called one, but thanks." Vanya smiled turning towards the double doors after hearing a car honk twice.

"I hope you know that your father loved you very much. In his own way." Pogo reassured with a forced smile.

Eight entered the room but hid quickly. Her smaller frame helped in doing so. She began to eavesdrop on the dull conversation.

"Yeah, we'll, that's kind of the problem, isn't it? Take care of yourself." Vanya concluded opening the doors and leaving to go home.

"You as well, Miss Vanya." Pogo chimed. The small monkey walked to the doors and wearily watched as the car Vanya was being taken home in pulled away.

Eight stepped out of her hiding spot and sneakily stood behind the monkey. "Still scared of her, I see." Eight chided.

Pogo turned and shut the door. "Miss Lilly, pleasure to see you."

The schoolgirl laughed. "No need to lie, pogo."

The monkey transferred most of his weight to his cane. "I'm not lying." The monkey reassured.

"Sorry, I just remember you sticking needles into my neck as a child." She commented smiling. Pogos eyes widened.

"I'm sorry, Master Lilly ." Pogo frowned

"I'd prefer if you called me Eight, y'know my number. I've always hated my name to be honest." She began to walk around the animal in circles like a predator circling it's prey.