10. The spins

~
Man on the Moon
~

Luther and Diego stand in front of the drunk assassins grinning for a few seconds. They each put a fake scowl on as eight shifted a little in her sleep.

Notebooks and newspapers scatter the floor around them. Long equations litter the wall, and smudge marks are stained on the floor. Two bottles of vodka are empty in each of the teenagers hands.

"You get five, I'll get eight." Diego concluded as a librarian said she was calling security.

"Fine." Luther groaned.

Luther picked up five as if he was a paperweight. Five stirred in his sleep and grabbed onto Delores tighter. Luther backed off so Diego could get eight.

Diego cautiously scooped eight up, she instinctively burried her head into his chest snuggling close to the kraken for warmth.

Number one, and number two gracefully left the building trying to to draw attention to themselves. After a few minutes of silence Luther spoke up "Well, we can't go to the house. It's not secure the psychopaths could come back at any moment."

"We can go to my place, no one will look for them there." Diego said trying to be quiet and not wake up his sister.

"Why the hell would they do this to themselves?" Luther asked genuinely confused.

"What? Get drunk?" Diego was confused by Luthers question.

"Yeah, it doesn't make any sense." Luther concluded

"Nothing makes much sense anymore." Diego looked down to his sister.

~

Five started gaining some consciousness, he belched a few times then looked around trying to find eight.

"If you vomit on me-." Luther threatened. Eight woke up startled by Luther's loud tone. Diego looked down at her and forced a smile. "What?" She asked trying to find five as well.

"What are you guys looking for?" Luther said glancing at the two. Five looked at him confused then turned his head the other way seeing eight being carried by Diego.

"You know what's funny?" Five asked smiling a bit.
Eight relaxed hearing the boy. "Not you, obviously." She muttered before hiccupping.

"Shut up. I'm going through puberty, twice." Five chimed, "well, same with you eight." Five added looking at the girl.

She glanced towards him, "we drank both bottles, didn't we?" The girl asked five, he nodded "well that's what you do when the world you love goes bye-bye."

"Poof it's gone." He sadly slurred. Eight made an explosion sound effect to be dramatic. Eight shifted around in Diego's arms trying to free herself.
His grip only tightened around her.

"Diego let go of me!" She demanded quietly furrowing her brows.

Five looked over again, jealous, "what are you guys talking about?" The drunk teenager slurred.

"He won't let me go!" Eight exclaimed punching the krakens chest.

Five looked alarmed and tried getting out of his brothers arms. Diego squeezed tighter, "stop fighting." He whispered.