13. High Enough

~
The Day that Wasn't
~

WEDNESDAY 8:15 AM, THE ACADEMY

"Three days?" Allison choked.

Allison, Diego Klaus and Luther sat in the lounge near the bar discussing what to do about the apocalypse.

"Little bastard should have mentioned it sooner." Diego muttered from the small couch.

"I mean should we trust him, fives gone a little.." Allison spun her finger in a circle pointing at her head and whistled indicating she meant to finish her sentence with the word crazy.

"And eight, well she's similar too." Allison continued

"Our little psychos." Klaus cooed from the floor.

"They were pretty convincing, if they weren't trying to stop the apocalypse from happening, the other two lunatics wouldn't be chasing them." Luther noted taking a large sip of coffee.

"That's why they were after them?" Diego asked while adjusting his new arm sling that was acquired after he was shot by Hazel.

"Yeah."

"What did five even see?"

Luther stumbled in his words wanting to sugar coat the upcoming news as much as he could. "Uh... apparently, we all fought together after whoever was responsible." He ended before the worse part of the story could even be told and attempted to change the subject, "okay. So, here's the plan."

The other siblings groaned in annoyance and forced him to finish the story.

"Common big boy spit it out." Diego taunted

"We died." Luther whispered before quickly taking another sip of his beverage.

"What was that?" Allison asked

"Ugh, I uh, we died." Luther finally dropped the bomb.

~

THE COMMISSION 1955

After the handler gave five and eight yet another tour of the commission they all went their separate ways.

For five, this was him sitting behind a desk. For eight this was training. Lastly, for the handler, this was monitoring the commission very closely behind the closed doors of her office.

"Hello class, I am honored to introduce you to Eight Hargreeves, a returning agent." The instructor announced to a group of ten young adults.

The instructor was tall and lanky with pale skin and large doe eyes that drew all the attention to her delicate face.

Eight wasn't impressed by the class, they just looked like your average 21 year olds, new to life, and ready for an adventure.

The classroom was dull as well, only lit with faint fluorescent lights and and covered with mirrors and random mats.

There was a large white box outlined in the floor mats, most likely used as a boundary for fighting practice.