23. Love is a B!tch

~
Changes
~

Eight felt she had made progress with opening up to the other Hargreeves. She was less harsh, and more open to their ideas and opinions. She realized that if it truly was the end  of the world, she may as well be a little more open to building relationships with them.

Over her years at the commission she realized how truly critical it was to have a rock, or a constant in one's life.

She enjoyed being alone. She loved the tranquility of being with herself, enjoying the time she had. On the other hand, she absolutely dreaded being alone. She hated feeling lonely.

So, she made the decision that she would build bonds with the other Hargreeves, because all of them  were alone, and she'd rather be alone with them together.

After scouting the first two floors of the academy searching for Vanya, eight met with the other four Hargreeves at Graces painting gallery.

Luther was still by Allison's side in the infirmary along with grace and pogo. Eight figured he wouldn't leave for a while, and didn't push him to help the rest search for Vanya.

"No sign of Vanya." Diego, Klaus, Eight, and five chimed one after the other.

"Well I'm out." Diego concluded walking towards the stairs to the front of the academy.

"Wait what?"

"Where are you going? Vanya's still out there, and so are Hazel and cha cha." Five was confused at Diego's sudden eagerness to leave. Especially since the world ended in less than 24 hours.

"I know. I'm going to get my things then I'm out of here. I have some unfinished business with those fools." Diego revealed.

Eight knew she had already pissed off Diego prior in the week about Hazel and cha cha but she spoke up none the less. "Are you really going to spend, potentially, the last few hours of your life on a suicide mission?"

Klaus and Five slowly backed away behind her watching Number Two and Number Eight.

"Yes, Eight. Some of us have people to fight for, to avenge." He sneered walking down the stairs.

Eight grumbled at his hostility, "fine, suit yourself."

Five waited a moment before speaking to Klaus, "hey, did dad mention anything about the apocalypse when you spoke to him? Any clues?"

Klaus sighed and eight turned around, "no, no clues. Truly terrific shave...but no clues."

Eight left to go visit Allison sensing an argument from the two boys.

Five descended the main stairs throwing snarky comments and insults at Klaus and Reginald.

"Look this whole jumping through time thing...how did you know how to do that?" Klaus asked, very obviously bugging five.

"I didn't. You'd realize that if you were actually sober."

"Hey, I am sober. I've been sober for almost two days now." Klaus defended himself.

"Who are you kidding Klaus? I've seen you fidgeting all day." Five took his blazer off and tossed it to the floor. Klaus noticed how five made sure to get something from his pocket before discarding the blazer.

Klaus hummed tauntingly, "well I guess we are both fighting our addictions, then."

"I'm not an addict."

"Yeah, you are. You are addicted to a drug called Eight Hargreeves with a side of apocalypse." Klaus admitted matter of factly.

Five scoffed and shook his head with an exasperated smile, "you're wrong."