18. Black Out Days

One last reminder that eight and fives ages were changed while at the commission when they first worked there. They were in their early 30s and five did not look as old as he did in the show.

~
The day that was
~

Eight sat on the floor next to fives bed with a bourbon filled glass in one hand and a knife in the other. She had been aimlessly sipping on her drink and flipping the knife for the past thirty minutes waiting for five to wake up.

Allison and Diego leaned on the doorframe taking in the girls appearance.

"She's definitely seen better days." Diego commented lowly. Allison agreed with a soft hum, never letting her eyes leave the girl.

The girls appearance was rather chaotic.

Her hair was let down, and messy. Her eyes had dark purple bags underneath them, and her tight clothes still smelled burnt from the re entry into current time.

After seeing eight earlier, Allison couldn't help but be curious. At the same time, she was scared of what caused eight to become so unhinged.

Allison and Diego went into the hallway while eight stayed in her position on the floor.

Grace was tending fives wound. Eights heart pinched again of jealousy. This time towards graces motherly relationship with five.

Grace stopped her movements and just looked at the teenager. Eight set down her drink and examined the knife to a greater extent.

Eight startled Grace when she spoke, "did you ever want to care for me like the rest?" Eight asked. She didn't know why she bothered asking grace. She was literally torturing herself with the past.

Grace stood and looked down on the girl who sat on the floor next to fives side of the bed. "Reginald did not want a connection to be made."

"That wasn't my question."

Grace glanced around, "yes, I wanted to take care of you like the rest."

Eight scoffed at graces statement. "And yet you did not hesitate to shove needles into my neck when deemed necessary." Eight knew it was pointless. Grace had been instructed, and coded to not care for eight in the way she was to take care of the rest.

"I did not have a choice." Grace sadly offered.

Eight looked down at the hard wood floor, "I know."

She was going to ask more questions of the past but she found that the words never formed and just tumbled back down her throat into her stomach where more unresolved feelings brewed.

Eights ears perked hearing Diego's words. "There's no other addresses in the files, but there is another relation listed. Jenkins' grandmother."

"You think he took Vanya there?" Allison asked.

"It's a good enough place to start." He concluded beginning to exit the house. Allison glanced into the room at eight who was already looking Allison's direction. Eight gave a quick nod of approval and Allison left to follow Diego.

Eight titled her glass and let the cold drink enter her mouth. She reminisced the last time she had this exact drink and her mind was overtaken by a memory.

THE COMMISSION, FIVES ROOM, MONTHS PRIOR.

"Ugh, I'm going to regret this in the morning." An older eight groaned.

The duo had previously stolen a tall bottle of whiskey from the bar, conveniently, the bottle still had a pour spout attached to the end.

Eight was sat on the floor of fives room, while five sat on a small couch directly behind her. Five spread his legs apart so eight could lean against the couch as back support.