29. The White Violin

~
The White Violin
~

The Icarus theatre was quite magnificent with its intricate marble patterns and complex interior decorations. Klaus, Diego, Eight, Luther, and Allison stood anxiously at the main foyer of the building not knowing what to do.

Vanya's performance had just started, and they hadn't a clue what she was up to.

The past five minutes were spent silently arguing, and waiting for Allison to write, begging to see Vanya every single time.

"Allison, for the love of god. I can't let you do that, alright?" Luther let out an exasperated sigh, pacing the dimly lit space.

"You hear the music? It's started." Diego practically shouted, eight winced due to the fact that he practically shouted in her ear.

"Could you not?"

Diego rolled his eyes. Klaus was bouncing around in his spot next to a tall plant nervously, "we don't have time for this."

Luther paused and took a sharp breath in, eight silently applauded him for what he was about to do; let go."Okay. Go."

Allison nodded and briskly ran out of the the lobby to the theaters said entrance. Once everyone was convinced she was out of earshot Diego spoke, "you are using her as a distraction aren't you."

"It's our best chance to incapacitate Vanya." Eight admitted.

"She'll thank us later." Luther added, even if it wasn't true.

Diego took off to another side entrance to the theater, eight went to the theaters main entrance slowly.

Luther and Klaus were slow to go, "so what's the plan?" Klaus asked

Luther but the inside of his cheek in guilt, "you, stay here, you're the lookout." With that number one sprinted up the stairs not wanting to hear Klaus's objections.

Diego had gone to the stage right, while Luther had gone stage left. Allison was slowly walking down the center aisle watching Vanya warily, with eight slowly trailing behind her from a distance.

The crowd was entranced by Vanya's skillful playing, barely noticing any motion of the Hargreeves.

When Vanya began her solo, no longer assisted by the rest of the orchestra, Luther and Diego had gone to the edge of the stage, still not seen by the crowd. They found themselves shocked by her playing, and the confidence that was practically oozing from her skin.

When Vanya finally looked towards the crowd, she met eyes with Allison and smiled briefly before finding herself in the music again. Luckily, eight was hidden from view and Vanya had not caught a glimpse of her.

In a few split seconds Diego and Luther charged the stage in attempt to get Vanya. They were quickly humbled when the white violin stood, and blasted them backwards towards the crowd.

The crowd screamed in fear, and began to bolt out of the theatre.

Vanya continued playing, this time more passionately. Vanya's skin began to glow white, along with her eyes. Every time she struck a cord, strong waves of energy burst through the air, sending eight to the ground clutching her head.

Eight dove behind the theatre seats along with the rest of the Hargreeves.

"If we take the violin, stop her from playing I think we might have a shot!" Eight informed.

The rest of the group nodded in agreement, before the soldiers from earlier in the night stormed into the theatre open firing.

"Oh my fuck." Eight groaned.