32. Devil In a New Dress

~
Right Back Where We Started
~

The girls smeared lipstick and wild dark hair was all five Hargreeves needed to see, to know the story behind it. His original hopeful mood about seeing the girl was crushed and stomped on. Also, by the way her face fell and jaw clenched at the sight of him.

Her anger reciprocated to five, and he too was now in a bitter mood.

All of the progress crumbled in front of the two, they both didn't know if they should jump for joy or wallow. For eight, it felt as if it was years ago she made the promise to Five. She had changed much from then, matured greatly.

On the other hand, the only thing that had changed with five was his physical appearance. It had only been hours for him since they promised a forever, but the forever felt more evanescent as the moments passed by.

He was mad at himself, and at eight. There was an unshakable feeling of rage at the pit of his stomach, waiting to explode and disperse onto everything around him.

"It's been awhile."

Screaming silence.

"If it isn't Five Hargreeves in the flesh."

They both had hard glares fixated on one another and steam practically blowing from their ears.

"I see you have been busy." He stated matter of factly, no remorse in his words or face as he scanned the girl. "Your lipstick is a little smudged."

A bit forward, to say the least.

She bit her tongue not wanting to cause a scene but spoke in a hushed whisper, "And where have you been all these months, huh?"

"Time traveling, equations were wrong."

"Figures."

A few waiters glanced their way, confused by the fact that they had never seen five before, and that his name tag read 'Logan'.

"So should I call you Logan now?" Eight gestured towards his navy name tag on his chest that stood out from the black and white suit he was wearing that fit him snug.

"Should I call you Lilly Adair now?" He retorted.

"Ms. Adair to you." She snapped back. "Or would you like that too much?"

Five had a tight smile plastered on his face and he chuckled cocking his head to the side. "You look different." He acknowledged

"As do you, but I see that your narcissistic personality is unfortunately still the same." She smiled.

He wanted to kill her.

How dare she just move on. How dare she be successful. How dare she prove him wrong.

She frowned at his silence.

Say anything, something.

"I see you're still a whore, guess not all of us change very much."

Anything, but that.

Eight smiled harshly, flashing her pearly white teeth, "If you don't leave in the next minute I'll get security to escort you out." She returned to her stoic face, pouring herself a glass of wine with the bottle five he brought over.

"Because that will do anything."

"Maybe not, but it'll be fun to watch. What do you want, five?" She asked bringing the crimson liquid to her lips.

Five about melted at her actions, she was beautiful.

His thoughts made him want to vomit.

"I need you to come with me." He stated, she was surprised by his lack of eagerness. He was too confident she would agree, it irked her.