33. My Propellor

~
Right back where we started
~

"Allison?" Eight yelled in shock scrambling to her feet.

The man next to Allison stood quickly as well, obviously startled by whatever was going on.

He wore brown trousers and a white button down shirt with nice black work shoes. He had dark umber skin, and rich brown eyes. The man had a chinstrap beard that did little in making him look intimidating, in eights opinion. He looked clean and well kept, and had an uncertain facial expression plastered onto his face.

Allison, who was now uninjured, and healthy stood up and looked at eight, also analyzing the girl.

Allison now had bangs and a face framing hair cut, with straight hair rather than her natural curls. She seemed to have matured as well, she seemed happier and more energized. Although, eight did see something in the back of Allison's eyes, pain.

"Well, it's been awhile." Eight acknowledged collecting herself.

"Yeah, it has." Allison didn't seem to know what to do wither herself, along with eight.

"How exactly do you know her?" The man asked Allison.

"It's..." Allison struggled for an answer rubbing the back of her neck.

"It's complicated." Eight finished looking at the man.

The man seemed on edge and the air was tense. Eight saw his recognition of her and chose to clear some of the air. "My names Lilly Adair, nice to meet you." She offered her hand.

The man stared at her hand for a minute before glancing at Allison and choosing to shake it. "Raymond Chestnut." He answered, "Have I seen you before? You're oddly familiar."

Eight let out a humorless laugh of awkwardness, "yeah uh, I model."

Allison's eyes went wide, she barely ever picked up the magazines, trying to avoid the discrimination and standards of the time. "You do?" She asked in shock.

"Had to make a living somehow." Eight stated.

Raymond took a sideways glance at Allison and grabbed her hand softly, "do you mind if we step out for a moment?"

"Go ahead." Eight smiled. She hated being polite.

Raymond led Allison to their bedroom quickly but quietly and closed the door softly behind.

Eight took the opportunity to quickly attempt to fix herself. She brushed through her wild hair with her fingers, splashed some water on her face from the sink, and smoothed out her matching set of dark red satin pajamas.

Allison exited the bedroom, this time alone. Eight felt some relief, but still remained tense. "Nice house."

"Thanks."

They stared at one another taking it all in.

"I think you may have spacial jumped here, or something. I was taking a shower when Ray said a random woman appeared in our living room."  Allison rubbed her arm nervously, eight took note of this. He must not know anything.

Eight clicked her tongue and nodded her head, not really caring how she got here. "When did you get here?"

Allison looked over her shoulder and walked past eight to sit on the couch, eight followed and sat on an armchair close by. "Two years ago, 1961."

"Holy shit." Eight exhaled leaning back in her seat.

"Yeah, the man you met, he's my husband." Allison smiled for the first time that morning.