21. The Beach

~
Changes
~

Reginald Hargreeves held a firm hand on the small shoulder of the younger seven hargreaves. They were both firmly standing in the small elevator that would take them to the very bottom of the academy.

"Where are we?" she asked alarm.

It was no secret that the young girl was powerful, too powerful. It was also an unspoken fact that it scared Reginald. This girl had the power to destroy worlds, and so he saw it best that he stuffed her in a strong holding cell in the depths of the academy.

"Would you like to see it?" he asked

She nodded before the elevator went dark and the double doors opened to a small dimly lit hallway.

"Following the events of the previous weeks, we're going to try something new, number seven." They walked down the hallway slowly.

"It was an accident." The small girls voice turned into a plead.

"I understand." They walked to a small door that led into another room. At the opposite side was pogo standing next to a door that resembled a bank vault. It had a small slit of glass above the large hatch. "You will need to remain in a controlled environment. More research is required to determine whether your behavior can be regulated."

Pogo opened the door with a small grunt and gestured for vanya to step forward. Despite being against it, she listened and wearily entered the vault. Reginald slammed the door shut behind her, causing a small scream to leave the girl's throat. She watched through the small glass slit as reginald and pogo ventured back to the elevator leaving her alone.

"Vanya, what are you doing here?"

~

Eight was banished to the back seat of the car after the group left the bar. This resulted in being put in an awkward position between Five and Klaus. She had little to no leg room and found herself constantly shifting uncomfortably. It also did not help that there were random articles of clothing and weapons that she was sitting on.

"How much longer do we have?" Luther asked for the hundredth time in the past five minutes.

"Still around twenty minutes, just like it was thirty seconds ago." eights tone was obviously annoyed. She shifted again.

"Can you stop moving so much?" five complained, glancing out of his window.

"I'm sorry, I'm sitting on a pile of knives and my legs don't have anywhere to go." she snapped. "It doesn't help that Klaus is manspreading and refusing to give me any room." she directed a glare at the séance.

Klaus only gave a faux look of innocence hiding a smirk.

Five had had enough of the constant moving and fidgeting. "I'm done, this is annoying as shit." he scooped her up from her makeshift seat and sat her on his lap.

"Get your hands off of me!" She slapped the teenager but it was too late.

Her back was against the cool window and her legs draped across her previous seat and half of Klaus's lap. She found it odd that Klaus had not reacted at her feet on his lap. That bastard.

Diego glanced at the assassins in the rear view mirror. Eight sat on five's legs with her arms crossed tightly over her chest. Her eyes refused to leave the window directly across from her. Five on the other hand, let his eyes memorize the girl's features from up close.

The teenagers were still furious with each other but couldn't help but forget little by little about their argument. It seemed like the longer they were with one another the harder it was to be mad. They felt it was even harder to pretend like the tension wasn't there.