Four

°°••••°°°°••••°°°°••••°°

" I got the approval to see Sirius Black. " Dumbledore said as soon as we met him , seriously. " What?! You did!? " Dad said terrified.

I knew he probably thought that getting the approval to meet a convicted murderer was impossible. Perhaps, the reason to let me go.

" Yes , I did. The appointment is a day before school starts, I will be expecting you to be ready by 9 when I reach here. " With that , he was gone. For some reason, he seemed to be in quite a hurry.

I could see Pa was terrified but I let him be knowing nothing I say will help him.  I was anxious myself but it has to be done. Only a week. A week till I meet him. A week till I get to know the truth.

°°°°°

A week went by with Remus and Cordelia being anxious of the visit. Today was the day Cordelia would meet her father. She got ready wearing the same robes as Snape would and waited in the living room. Half an hour was still left. Last night none of them could sleep knowing that next day's plan. They got up early in the morning trying to act as normal as they could for the other.

Cordelia could barely keep the breakfast she ate in due to her anxiousness which she was hiding behind her monotone mask.

Half an hour passed within a blink of an eye and she found herself stepping out the front door in Snape's form with her dad by her side gushing about what to do and what not to.

Cordelia sighed and said annoyed, " I know Pa , will you stop? I get you are worried but please. You are making me more anxious than I already am." Hearing this , Remus finally stopped and said softly , " alright but please be careful. " She nodded her head one last time and held Dumbledore's arm disappearing in thin air with a pop.

Remus sighed worried for his daughter when that day she told them her plan to visit Sirius in Azkaban , they had been talking about Remus accepting the designation of DADA but he refused saying it was harmful for other students and he still couldn't face the place that held so many memories of the marauders and Sirius himself.

Cordelia didn't like Azkaban at all. As soon as she entered the place, she could feel the menace and craziness radiating off the place. The coldness of the dementors giving her chills downs the core. She could feel herself starting to get the crazy glint in her eyes that each criminal gets here over time.

When Cordelia along with Dumbledore appeared in fron of the gates of Azkaban , they were asked for their wands. Cordelia who had brought a duplicate of Snape's wand handed it to the guard who then led them inside.

Stopping in front of a cell, the guard said, " No one can hear your conversation but if you need any help, just knock on the bars."

With one last look at Dumbledore who smiled at her in assurance, she nodded curtly at him and entered the cell in which the mass murderer was kept in.