Nineteen

°°••••°°°°••••°°°°••••°°

" What are you doing here?" I asked, my voice hoarse," and what happened to that dumb old man? And the stone? It's safe, isn't it?" I bombarded the headmaster with questions which he found amusing for he let out a chuckle.

"Calm down, the stone is safe, that ' old man ' is dead and I'm here to check up on you." His answer brought me back to my senses and I scoffed, "you knew, didn't you? Those enchantments, first one was for me and Harry, second one was for Jay and Hermione, the third for Harry and Enzo, the fourth one was for Ron and Enzo and then Hermione and Jay, you knew we were going to face that old man, me and Harry."

He smile brightly, "yes, I did, and I right now I also know that you unlocked your power, well, one of your powers."

I nodded ,"but why?"

"You lot are the duplicate of your fathers' group. I knew you would try to save the day no matter what. If anyone else got to know about it, they would mind their business but you wouldn't. I knew that so I set those according to the things you specialized in."

I opened my voice to speak but he cut me off and told me to look at the table where there were a lot of things kept.

"What are all these things?"

"Souvenirs from your admirers."

"Me? Admirers? Are you joking with me?" I asked in a tone of disbelief.

"Yes, everyone naturally knows about everything. And I suppose they regret behaving that way with you." He smiled at me.

"What? Nevermind. Tell me , what you are not telling. You are here for some other reason." I raised my eyebrow and squinted my eyes at him.

"Well, your father knows and he is here to meet you." I almost fell off the bed but composed myself and nodded at him. Now, nervous for whatever is coming for me.

"Calm down, Cordelia. He would understand." I muttered to myself trying to gain some courage. My pep talk seemed to have worked but it all faltered the moment papa stepped in the room with a series expression and came towards my bed.

"You don't listen, do you?" He said.

"Umm, it had to be done?" It came out as question not knowing if it was the right moment to say that.

He looked at me for some time before he sighed and muttered something to himself along the lines of 'she is just like him'.  I sighed knowing well who he is talking about.

He then pulled me in a hug and sat down on the chair besides the bed. "Do you know how worried I was? When you didn't wake up for three days straight."

"I was asleep for three days straight!?" I asked in shock.

He nodded.

"Wahh, no wonder I feel so sore."

He smacked me right on my head, " here I am worried out of my mind and you are still joking. But seriously," his eyes soften and welled up with tears which made me feel bad.

"Hey pa...it's okay, I'm fine."

"Please, please promise me, you will never do that again."

"I—I can't, I know this place means trouble, I have a scar. Voldemort's appearance. It connects. Something is bound to happen, sooner or later."

He stared at her and then sighed, "fine, don't promise me that. Just-just don't get yourself hurt, try to keep safe. Okay?"

"Okay, fine, I'll try."

His stern expression returned, "you won't try, young lady, you will." I tried to speak but he cut me off, "or I'll not let you have any chocolate for a week."

Hearing that I nodded with a pout and whined when he chuckled.

"You are mean." My pout deepened and I puffed my cheeks.

He chuckled more and said," I know." His smile was so bright that I smiled looking at him and laughed along with him.

Then one by one my friends (lunar marauders) came in, "Cordelia!" They all ran towards me and hugged me tightly.

Pa smiled at me.

I'll be off now, have a good time with your friends and please. No trouble.

I nodded at him and just as he was about to step back, I yelled, "wait! Papa, meet them. They are new in our pack."

He smiled at them, " well, I'm Remus Lupin. Yeah, And I'm her father."

My friends chuckled at his awkward introduction and started introducing themselves.

"Well, I'm her best friend, name's Julius Gray, Slytherin, warewolf. I'm the oldest." He offered his hand which pa took and shook with a smile on his face.

"I'm Lorenzo Berkshire. Gryffindor, vampire. I'm also her best friend. Well, the middle one" he copied Jay's action.

"Well you know me, Cordelia Lupin-Black, the one and only elemental and the youngest, the leader and the only girl." I did a dramatic prince bow while sitting and everyone laughed at my actions.

Just then, the golden trio slipped in, they only knew because of their senses, they just heard them and well their scents were also their for they were under the invisibility cloak to saves themselves from Poppy.

They pulled off the cloak from themselves and bombarded me with questions before noticing the two boys and a man standing staring at them in amusement.

"I'm sorry, I'm Hermione. Cordelia's only friend who is a girl." She grinned in teasing way to which I just rolled my eyes in response to.

"Uh... Well I'm her father. Remus Lupin."

"I'm Harry Potter." Papa stared at him with sorrowful eyes and I grabbed his hand and squeezed it offering him comfort and I knew it worked when he squeezed my hand back and looked away from him.

"I'm Ron Weasley." They all shook hands with each other when Papa bid goodbye and left. Harry informed me of the fact that he also only got freed some hours ago.

"Can I ask you something? Why were your eyes glowing green along with your chain?"

I sighed deeply," I'm sorry Harry, I cant tell you now but what I can tell you is, you will find out when the time is right."

Soon, it was time for them to leave but this time with me, I annoyed Poppy to the point she finally let me go.

We met Hagrid along the way who cried looking at me, while Harry muttered," there he goes again, it's not his fault, still, he blames himself."

He gave me a big leather covered book as a gift and I decided to open it later.

Harry told me he got the same and it had his parents' photos and two photos one with all six of them and one with just the golden trio which naturally made me assume that mine had something same in it.

We got ready for the end of year feast and went down to the great hall where first thing that happened was Draco hugged me and started crying, of course in a way no one could see. He then composed himself and shouted at me for being stupid while I just chuckled with an arrogant smirk on my face well that would be because students were standing up to look at me and Harry. Oh, and because the hall was decorated with silver and green.

"Another year gone!" Came the bubbly voice of the old headmaster.