Fifteen

°°••••°°°°••••°°°°••••°°

"So you mean Voldemort is the one trying to get the sorcerer's stone?" Cordelia asked after the trio finished explaining the situation to them.

Harry nodded in confirmation.

"And you think Snape is helping him with all of that? Merlin's beard that's..." She gasped at the thought of it, " utter bullshit." Her face turned blank as she spat out the last words.

All of them looked at her in disbelief.

"Listen Snape may bully children and seem very bad to you but I know one thing, he is not the one helping Voldemort."

Atleast not yet.

"Then can you explain why he was threatening Quirrell to tell him how to get past the Cerberus or why he was asking him where his loyalties lie? You are being unbelievable." Hermione exaggeratedly asked.

Cordelia scoffed," he was asking him where his loyalties lie? Right? Then how do you know if he was talking about his loyalty with Dumbledore or Voldemort? Tell me, how are you so sure? Then maybe he wanted to know if Quirrell knows how to get past the Cerberus because he didn't want to risk him knowing."

"But Cordelia-" Ron tried to argue but she cut him off and continued,"I explained it but now you explain to me why in the whole world does Quirrell always where a turban? Religion? Ok but why was he awake after midnight and literally following me back to the common room like a creep and why would he not give detention or take away points and why would he just stand there for some moment after me getting inside the common room staring at the door like a sodding possessed being?! Just answer me, my instincts are telling me there is something wrong with Quirrell and there's no denying it."

"And for Merlin's sake, that git is scared of his own subject? Suspicious. It's not possible. It seems like acting to me. It's all an act so no one suspects him. Poor Quirrell, how can he be behind all those things?" She continued, enraged.

"We are doing just what he wants, suspecting the wrong person just because he seems like someone who can do that but don't forget that not everything we see is true." She finally finished and took a deep breath.

It hurts much more because I know someone who was judged just by what they saw and didn't even give a chance to justify himself.

She sighed, her conversation with her dad coming in her head which she tried to push back so hard but it's never enough.

Right now, at that moment, she wanted to be back at home. In her bed with her Papa, where she feels the most protected.
That seemed like the end of the conversation so they dismissed themselves one by one to their classes which unfortunately, they had different.

"You seem down, ever since you said that." Jay commented as they walked down the halls. Cordelia sighed.

"You know my full name, right?" She queried and Jay nodded as an answer.

"So you know why people here don't like me and are always gossiping about me?" She asked once again.

Jay nodded once again before he gasped and he finally understood," so you mean your father was never the culprit, but a victim."

She chuckled dryly and nodded.

.•♫•♬• °•• •♬•♫•.

The days of exam was to say the least weird. Ever since that day, both the trios have been studying continuously, there exams were given by special quills which had anti cheating spell on it.

But that was not the thing that was weird, what was weird was that Cordelia felt a sharp pain on her nape all of a sudden, it comes and goes and it was so bad. One day she had enough of it, after the last exam which was of history, she went to Madame Pomfrey.

"Come dear, sit down, what is the problem?" Madame Pomfrey immediately after Cordelia sat down on the chair.

"I don't know why, but in my nape, there seems to be some sort of pain. It feels weird." Cordelia answered.

"Ok, let me check..." Some moments passed but she felt Madame Pomfrey stiffen right after she moved her hair aside.

"What is it? Is there something wrong?" Cordelia asked worried.

"I think we better show this to the headmaster." Her serious voice startled Cordelia.

Madame Pomfrey took her to the gryphon statue and then towards Dumbledore's room.

He was sitting there in his periwinkle robes, humming and having something. He looked up once we entered and smiled as if he was waiting for me.

Cordelia eyed weirdly, he was being weird.

Pomfrey took her took her closer to Dumbledore and made her back face him.

He moved her hair aside and then he nodded as if that was something he expected.

"We better show this to her father." He said calmly.

That was how they ended up in Lupin household waiting for Remus to open the door.

A few moments later, the door opened revealing a disheveled Remus. He gasped as soon as he opened the door surprised to see them both.

"What are you doing here? Are you okay?" He straightforwardly started Cordelia, not caring about Dumbledore who smiled looking at the scene.

"Papa I'm fine, atleast I think so?" She answered him confused.

He finally noticed the headmaster and greeted him. They all went inside and sat down on the couch, "now, what brings you here?" Remus asked after they all settled in.

"Mr. Lupin, it seems your daughter is also the one." At first, he seemed quite confused but then he gasped as his eyes widened, slowly sorrow was all that was seen in his eyes.

"How come we only got to know about it now?" He questioned the older man who replied," it was hidden in some way, something must have triggered it to surface."

He once again looked at Cordelia, " cub, is there something you aren't telling us?"

The sudden question startled Cordelia, " no...nothing," she hesitated but continued, " but why? What is it?"

"You have the same scar as Harry on your nape."