Ten

°°••••°°°°••••°°°°••••°°

The winds got colder as November came along. The window ledges were covered with thin layer of ice. The warm air turning into fog as people conversed.

Cordelia was sitting on the Astronomy tower alone for probably the first time. She really needed that time alone. She held a book in her arms; the same book her dad gave her to write on her birthday. The winters never seemed to go good for her but this time she felt content with things.

Of course...the exhaustion from practicing all the time, homework as well as the exams that were coming was unbearable sometimes but she could handle it well.

She wrote on her diary about the events that were taking place at Hogwarts, she thought that Hogwarts was the safest place for them to be in but apparently not.

Humming to herself as she picked up the cup of coffee she got from the kitchen on her way there. It was night time, the stars in the sky twinkling and making the sky seem like galaxy. In Cordelia's opinion, they looked magical.

She held a box in her hand, given by Nox this morning. She was curious to who sent it because it didn't consist of any name... so she thought maybe there was some information inside it.

She opened the box to find a necklace. Seeing that, her hand automatically went up to touch the necklace she was wearing. It had some charms on it. A wolf, dog, flowers and a deer.

The necklace inside was kind of similar but instead of the charms, there was a ring. She found a note inside the box which she opened and started reading.

.•♫•♬• °•• •♬•♫•.

Dear Cordelia,

The protection necklace you are wearing now was charmed to lock your powers only till you were eleven. This necklace however will protect you because it has healing powers and helps you control your powers. You will be able to unlock your powers one by one.

I hope you like it and use it well.

.•♫•♬• °•• •♬•♫•.

After reading the note, Cordelia felt disturbed because whoever this person was knows her and knows her past too. She quickly checked the necklace of any dark magic the took it out of the box. She held it in her hands delicately. The steel of the chain cold against her fingertips.

She used her free hand to free her neck of her previous necklace and then she wore the new one. She then looked at her old necklace which she wore all the years of growing up. She always felt connected to it. She knew it had a deep meaning and it also held the essence of her parents and her uncle and aunt so she decided that she was never going to get rid of it and secured it around her wrist.