Eleven

°°••••°°°°••••°°°°••••°°

"My fellow Slytherins, are you all ready to beat the Gryffindors?" Flint said, observing each one of us, silently telling us 'no mercy'.

"Of course."

"Yes." Came the chorused answer of the players around me.

We all stood underneath the Slytherin stalls ready for the first match of the season. I watched them cheer for our team wearing my fresh, new quidditch robes. The match was about to start in some moments and the cheers from the crowd for their houses were overwhelming to some point.

"Okay everybody, come on. Let's show those cats what we are made of." Flint ordered evryone out to the gates as he stayed back. I grimaced at his choice of words.

"Black, now listen. Winning depends on everyone but seeker is the main. Still, I want you to play your best. You are the best beater our team has ever had. Show no mercy. I know you have developed a certain liking to those gryffindors but if you dare show any form of mercy in this gameplay, I swear..." He threatened at last, sneering at me.

"Or what, Flint? You are gonna what? I hope you know who you are talking to Flint. And for the sake of Merlin, it's Lupin-Black."  I rolled my eyes at his pathetic attempt of scaring me and bumped past him to line up behind the other players.

As soon as Marcus joined the front of the line, we went out to the quidditch field.

Madam Hoiche stood at the middle of the field waiting for the teams to come out, gryffindors were already gathered by one side of her.

The other side was taken up by them.

"Now, I want a nice fair game, all of you." Cordelia noticed Madame Hooche seemed to be talking to Flint. She sighed annoyed and rolled her eyes, not suprised at the slightest.

"Mount your brooms, please." She urged everyone to mount their brooms which everyone did, new determination burning through the veins of each and every player on the field.

Everyone clambered atop their brooms.

Madam Hooch gave a loud blast on her silver whistle.

Fifteen brooms rose up, high, high into the air. They were off.

"And the Quaffle is taken immediately by Angelina Johnson of Gryffindor -- what an excellent Chaser that girl is, and rather attractive, too--"

"JORDAN!"

"Sorry, Professor."

The Weasley twins' friend, Lee Jordan, was doing the commentary for the match, closely watched by Professor McGonagall.