Nine

°°••••°°°°••••°°°°••••°°

The next day the marauders woke up all tired. They went to the great hall groggily when the news of the trio facing the same thing woke them up.

When the mail arrived she found a letter from her dad and a parcel.

~

Dear Cordelia,

I will take care of myself, two more days. In these two days, I want you to take care of yourself well. I hoped you will be with me but since that isn't possible I will try my best to stay well. Now, about quidditch try outs of you get in you would tell me first, alright? I think it's logically impossible but you can try your luck. I will come to see your match if you do get in.

Yours,
Pa

~

She informed the others about the parcel and they all went to the Slytherin dormitory to open it. She found a Nimbus 2001 inside with another letter.

~

Dear Cordelia,

Narcissa got this for you after I informed her about your position in the team. She told me to tell you that she was very proud and happy for you. She sent it to you through me since Lucius forbid her to send you anything. I hope you use it well and play well.

Sincerely,
Severus

~

"Wow! That's so cool." Lorenzo exclaimed while adoring the broom.

"Yeah, I know." She said bluntly and went to her desk where a letter was kept which she wrote the previous night. She took out the other letters from Lucius which Draco had given her that morning and tied them all to Nox's claws.

"Hand them to Aunt Cissy only and wait till she is done reading them and if Lucius tries anything bite him or do anything. Just keep him away, alright? Make sure she read them all and come back with her response." She sent Nox away.

The rest of the day she spent practicing with the Slytherin quidditch team.

She knew Harry was the same.

Two days have passed and Slytherins wer practicing vigorously. It was the full moon that night and Cordelia was making her way to Dumbledore's office.

Stopping in front of the magnificent gryphon statue, she said the password,"lemon drops." And made her way in to his office.

"Ah come in, come in Cordelia." He smiled warmly at her which she responded with a curt nod.

"I came here to inform you that me and Julius are going to spend the night in the shrieking shack."

"Yes, that's quite alright with me. That was after all built for you father. Madame Pomfrey will lead you to the Whomping willow tonight. And if you don't mind I will escort you right now to her, she is waiting for you with Mr. Gray." She nodded at him and they set off towards there destination.