Chapter 2 - White Lightning Moonshine

The night was beautiful and it was more beautiful to Emily now that she had Mr. Lordi back with her again. After a long moment, Mr. Lordi let the kiss go and lifted Emily to her feet,

"What is it?" Emily asked,

Mr. Lordi smiled, "I am just happy to have you in my arms again,

" Emily's eyes sparkled with tears of joy coming but she refused to let them fall. I won't cry.

"It is getting late, you should get home. You can come see me tomorrow," Mr. Lordi informed her. Inside Emily wanted to stay longer since she had not seen him for six months but she could not help but agree with him.

"Okay, I will see you tomorrow as soon as I can. I know the way back," she said calmly and then she leaned forward and gave him a quick kiss goodnight but just as she was about to turn to leave all of a sudden the sky began to become even darker and the wind started to blow.

Emily turned around to look at the sky which was pitch black now.

"What's happening? Is a storm coming?" she asked,

Mr. Lordi walked towards the edge of the balcony and silently studied the dark clouds over the lake. Lightning began to strike only above the water now and it continued to strike only there. The clouds swirled up like a maelstrom in the sky as if a tornado was going to touchdown in the water. Emily stood beside Mr. Lordi and watched this. Tornadoes formed over land mostly and could come on water but this was too abnormal. Mr. Lordi looked very stern as the wind picked up even more and blew in their direction. Suddenly in the eye of the maelstrom of the swirling clouds a bright light appeared in the center. It shone over the water like the sun. Emily gasped at this and then she grabbed Mr. Lordi's hand which he had resting on the balcony bars.

The light expanded even more and began to approach the balcony. It was blinding, and soon it became so bright that Mr. Lordi knew something was wrong.

He held Emily's hand. "Inside now!" he demanded and led Emily inside and then he shut the balcony doors and took her over to the bed.

"Do not look at the light!" he shouted. Emily shielded her eyes and Mr. Lordi turned to look back at the balcony doors to see that the light was entering the room it was strong and even more blinding as if it was a flash marking the detonation of a nuclear bomb. Mr. Lordi shut his eyes and pulled Emily into his arms while she was still shielding herself from the blinding light.

Mr. Lordi held onto Emily tight as the light filled the entire room passing through like a sandstorm in a desert.

"Do not look until I say you can,"

Emily kept still, her face was now buried in his chest. The sound of the wind blowing whistled from outside and grew louder and louder as the light passed through the room. Soon after minutes had passed; the wind suddenly stopped and Mr. Lordi opened his eyes to notice the room had become dark again,

"Emily, it is gone."

Emily looked up, "What happened? What was that?"

Mr. Lordi let go of her and then walked back onto the balcony to look at the lake. The dark sky was still the same as it was before the light came through, and thunder was heard. Emily followed him onto the balcony.

"This is not a storm. No it cannot be, it is impossible for it to return," Mr. Lordi said, Emily looked at him.

"What? What's returned?" she asked, sounding a little more concerned,

Mr. Lordi did not look at her, "It is something that came at the beginning of time in Lapland. That is all I can say for now. You should go home Emily; whatever is coming out of that vortex is dangerous and I cannot lose you to it. I will come check on you later," he said firmly. Emily understood he was being protective, and then without a word she left.

Mr. Lordi gazed silently at the dark stormy abnormal sky wondering if he had made the right decision to do this alone. The power of love could help me at this but Emily is not to be harmed. Not one threat shall hurt her as long as I am living, he thought to himself as he looked at the eye of the maelstrom. Nothing emerged from the sky. Mr. Lordi became suspicious. Where is this? A new set of demons perhaps? He gazed at the maelstrom even more and then to his surprise he heard the sound of something moving: Something flying, and something fast but he could not see it.

Suddenly an invisible force hit him hard and sent him flying back against the wall, "Who are you?! Where are you?! Show yourself!" he demanded as he got to his feet.

The invisible force did not reveal itself, instead a voice was heard.

"You are the Lord of Lapland, you are the victor of the war, and the power of your love for the girl will never illuminate the darkness that I create. You will not survive the nightmare!" The voice said, it was deep and vicious.

"What darkness? What nightmare?" Mr. Lordi asked. The room grew darker and Mr. Lordi eventually could not see anything and not even the window. The wind began to blow hard.

"You have destroyed our Southern demons, but we shall not be defeated! The power of your love will not save you from our dark nightmare of destruction!" the voice roared, and then the darkness subsided and everything went back to normal. Mr. Lordi stood up and walked back out onto the balcony. The sky was overcast but no longer swirling like a storm.

Soon it became clear that a new war was going to begin soon. Mr. Lordi knew it was more serious than the last war he had fought. This is not the same series of demons as I have faced before no. These are more dangerous than before. Mr. Lordi thought and then he gazed at the dark sky and put his hand on his heart. It beat steadily; inside it was warmed by his love for Emily. These new demons will not touch her I will protect her even if I risk my own life. Mr. Lordi vowed to himself and then he thought of Emily who was on her way home to somewhere safe. She had missed the terrifying encounter with what had ambushed him after the blinding light. I must alert my allies at once and recruit more to help me, but first I shall make sure Emily is all right in the morning.

Meanwhile Emily had hurried home through the dark empty streets. She had felt the wind pick up a notch while she was one her way back home but never did feel the presence of demons. By the time Emily reached her house the windows were dark and she walked inside silently still worried for Mr. Lordi on what had happened on the night of their romantic reunion. She sat on her bed in her nightgown and took out her diary once again and began to write:

Dear Diary

Mr. Lordi and I are together again. Finally the long six months are over and we are reunited. He is the most affectionate Monsterman ever, especially on reunions! Maybe this time he will not be gone for such a long time and I can see him every day if possible. But our reunion did not last. Something happened that same night and it is not looking good. We were interrupted by an unknown attack. Mr. Lordi told me to come back home for safety but I fear whatever is going on over there may mean that something new is threatening this world once again. I am hoping that the power of love between us can destroy whatever it is coming our way. Until then I shall wait until he returns to me at dawn.

Emily finished the entry and went to sleep with her diary under her pillow while the sound of thunder and strong winds blew outside.