Chapter 11 - Hulking Dynamo

Back on Earth, the streets were quiet as if everything was the same as it used to be. But with the hostages still missing nothing seemed the same. Citizens of the city were inside their homes for safety reasons. Awa was in the town square directing monsters to prepare. She somehow knew that the fight could eventually come to them and she was waiting to hope that those captured would return safely.

Kita walked up to her, "How is the progress going?"

Awa turned to look at him. "Quite well actually; these gargoyle monsters have been well trained since the last fight six months ago. We may have a chance of destroying these demons and once Mr. Lordi and the others return, we have a backup,"

Kita looked at the gargoyle soldiers armed in steel armour and was impressed.

"Remember, these forces can turn invisible so how are we going to see them?" he inquired,

Awa rubbed the back of her neck nervously, "That I do not know Kita. I am hoping that maybe in the heart of their homeworld where Mr. Lordi, Emily, Mana, and Hella are headed to will have something that they can use to reverse that effect allowing us to see them." she said as she turned to look at the gargoyle soldiers ready to fight.

The whole city seemed to be on lockdown. The doors were locked, the streets were empty, and the windows were shut. The wind blew silently and a few tumbleweeds rolled along the road. Awa, Kita and the army were waiting for the arrival of the demons; if they were to ever arrive. Soon, the sky became darker and the sound of thunder crashed.

The clouds swirled up like a supercell storm and a light was seen in the eye of it just like it was in the beginning. Only this time instead of blinding light, the sound of demonic growls was echoed around them. Awa began to sense the presence of a powerful force with it. They must have their leader with them, she thought and then turned to Kita. "Kita! Prepare for attack! The demons are here!"

Still invisible to them, the sky was darker now as the unseen forces came closing in. The monster soldiers readied their weapons while Awa and Kita stood in a fighting stance.

"It is an honour to fight by your side again Awa," Kita said and then Awa smiled.

"Always a pleasure, Kita," she replied. Then suddenly a dark sphere came hurtling towards them. Awa jumped and dodged trying to figure out where it came from but the force was unknown. The gargoyle soldiers took flight and there was a loud cry when one of them was suddenly thrown against a building by an invisible force. Soon it was nearly impossible for the soldiers to track where the demons were hiding.

"Kita we need backup now or else we do not stand a chance!" Awa shouted. Kita answered with a muffled grunt and had been tossed up against the wall of another building by an invisible demon who heard her. What could be done until their invisibility was disabled other than survive?

Meanwhile back in the dark dimension Emily and Mr. Lordi entered another portal to a new area. They found themselves standing in an open dark room this time and there was a large glass ball. Mana and Hella appeared behind them.

"Who is trapped in there?" Emily asked,

Mr. Lordi walked closer to the glass ball and peered inside. There were at least twenty civilians sealed inside and soon Mr. Lordi saw Amen and OX. OX was the first to notice them. He got up and went over to the glass wall.

"Mr. Lordi! Emily! You are here at last to save us!" he said feeling quite relieved,

"No one will ever get left behind," Mr. Lordi replied,

Amen approached the edge beside OX, "Who are those two?" he asked, looking at Mana and Hella.

"They are new recruits to help us out: Mana and Hella." Mr. Lordi said. Emily watched from a distance and saw a set of crystals near a control panel in the center of the room and she walked over towards it.

Emily examined the crystals and realized they were the same crystals that made the demon in the cave visible for a short while. She looked at the controls and thought that this was what was making the demons invisible. A large blue crystal was encased in another glass sphere and Emily began to wonder if breaking the glass would disable their invisibility. She heard a crashing sound and saw Mr. Lordi break the glass ball imprisoning Amen, OX, and the civilians.

Not wishing to attract attention from the vile demon that was still watching them; she looked at the controls until she found a strange switch that looked like a lever. Maybe this is it, she thought and then she pulled the lever back and then suddenly the glass sphere covering the crystal disappeared and blue lightning bolts began to strike in all directions and then thousands of portals to Earth began to open and the bolts began to fly into them.

"Mr. Lordi over here! Destroy these controls so the effect of this can't be reversed!" She called out. Mr. Lordi came over and summoning his inner strength he slammed down on the panel smashing it into pieces. The demons no longer had the power of invisibility.

A large portal to Earth opened and the civilians began escaping.

"We have to go back to Earth. The demons might be attacking there now as Awa predicted!" Emily said.

Mr. Lordi nodded in agreement,

"Awa is making an army? Will it be enough?" Amen asked,

Emily shrugged slightly,

"The sooner we get back to Earth the better we will know how well things are going," Mr. Lordi said, "we have ran from these dark demons. Now is the time to fight and rid of them once and for all,"

Emily stepped forward, "Will I get to fight this time? Maybe a little more? I don't like being on the sidelines, it's time I should do something to help."

Mr. Lordi held both her hands and kissed her on the cheek, "Yes Emily, I am very proud of you on how far we have come. Your necklace not only gives you a shield but also a weapon, just promise me you will not die."

"I promise," Emily said and she giggled while blushing. Then they entered the portal returning to Earth to battle the dark demons.