Chapter 3 - Horrifiction

The following morning came and Emily rose from the bed and stretched her arms out. Her thoughts on last night were still getting to her but it was more on the time the sky turned dark and the light blinded the room. What was that and why did that happen she asked as she sat up on the bed and then opened the curtains on her window above, but as soon as she opened them all of a sudden to her surprise instead of sunshine in the sky it was dark out just like it was last night.

Emily looked concerned and knew something was not right. She got dressed silently into a black frilly dress with matching flats and went downstairs to the living room and she looked out the large window. The streets were empty and the wind blew strong like an endless gale. Emily brushed her hair in silence and just stared at the dark outdoors in front of her. Across the street Emily saw her neighbors staring at the sky like they had never seen it before. At first Emily was afraid to go outside to get a better look at the view but she decided to look anyway even if it was much to Mr. Lordi's desire for her to stay inside.

Emily walked outside and went across the street from her house to look at the sky. The wind blew stronger and Emily grew concerned and thought of going to see Mr. Lordi if he had any knowledge of what was going on. Then Emily saw her two neighbors gazing at the dark sky beside her.

"Do you know what's happening?" Emily asked them.

The woman shook her head. Emily sighed and then she began running down the street towards the lake hoping to find Mr. Lordi. Thousands of residents in the neighborhood were coming out of their houses to stare at the sky. Emily ran right past them and decided not to bother ask them either. As soon as Emily reached downtown she saw a crowd of people gathering at the town square and voices was heard.

"This is all your fault! You took away the sun!"

Emily heard someone say and then another voice came,

"You monsters are the cause of all this!"

Emily gasped and knew they were talking about Mr. Lordi and the others. She ran into the crowd and pushed her way through and then bumped into someone,

"Hey watch it!" they said, and Emily turned to see who it was and recognized it was one of Mr. Lordi's allies: Amen a mummy.

"Hey Amen! What's going on?"

Amen looked at her, "Oh Emily I am sorry I did not know it was you. Apparently the town is blaming us for this abnormal weather," Emily smiled and was happy to see him, "Where is Mr. Lordi?"

Amen scratched his bald head and Emily noticed that he was wearing a different costume too: he was golden.

"He is in the center of the square. OX and I have been trying to keep people back. Go see him," he told her.

Emily nodded and then ran through the crowd and then in no time at all she found Mr. Lordi in the center of the square arguing with the mayor. She ran towards him. Mr. Lordi stopped bickering, turned to Emily and hugged her as soon as she reached him.

"Tell me what's happening?" Emily asked as she hugged him back. Mr. Lordi kept his arms around her, "The town doesn't believe that we are not responsible for this," he said.

Emily turned to look at the mayor,

"You can't go on accusing them of this! I know Mr. Lordi and the others better than anyone does!" she insisted.

The mayor shook his head in disbelief of Emily's facts. Emily scowled and then a loud sound of thunder was heard from above. Everyone turned to look at the sky which was once again swirling up again like it was over the lake last night. The wind blew hard as if a tornado was going to touch down right on top of everyone in the town square. Then someone's screaming was heard. Emily and Mr. Lordi turned to look at where it came from and found one civilian being sucked into the vortex above by an invisible force. Mr. Lordi extended his arm to try and free the civilian with his own force but it was too strong and the civilian was sucked into the vortex. Then hundreds of other civilians were being sucked into the vortex by the same force.