Chapter 12 - Something Wicked This Way Comes

Mr. Lordi kept his eyes on what was in front of him not wishing to go back to that dark world ever. He never wanted to see it again after what the demons did capturing his allies and the hostages. I will never forgive them, he thought as he flew through the portal along with Emily, Mana, Hella, Amen, and OX. The other hostages had already returned to Earth and Mr. Lordi hoped now everyone would take cover in their homes until it was safe. He thought back to the battle he once had six months ago: He wanted to protect Emily but this time he could not allow himself to become too hurt otherwise she would lose him. Soon light came and they entered Earth.

Mr. Lordi stepped out of the portal and found himself standing in the middle of a warzone. Emily stood behind him. Gargoyle soldiers were flying through the city attacking that were now visible. Some were dead while some were wounded. Awa signalled from inside a nearby building. Without saying a word Mr. Lordi took Emily's hand and ran into the building followed by the others.

"What is the situation Awa?" he asked,

"Somehow the demon's source of invisibility has been cut off, but I fear that this is far from over. We have taken a few casualties but these demons just keep coming. It is even more than it was last time and we still do not know who is leading them," Awa replied,

Emily began to remember the time the demons first attacked and Evilyn's brother.

"Awa the demon leader is not just any demon leader. He is Evilyn's brother and who knows what he can do to avenge his sister. Don't you think that he will want to face Mr. Lordi and me because we are the ones who destroyed Evilyn?"

Awa nodded, "It is a possibility, for now, we need to take out as many of their forces as we can. Mr. Lordi and Emily if you think that it is both you that he wants then it is best if you go after him. It is a risk, yes but you have one thing that he can never defeat and that is the power of your love. The rest of us will hold his army off."

Mr. Lordi looked at Emily. "Are you ready?"

Emily nodded feeling that this was her moment and then she clutched his hand and they walked out of the building.

Mr. Lordi and Emily walked down the streets through the warzone. "Should we assist the others? until we find him, whatever he looks like?" Emily asked,

"The gargoyles will take care of them, Emily. For now, our main focus lies upon the leader. If we take him out we can end this conflict right now." He replied and then the two of them began to walk faster. Emily gazed at the sky wondering where the demon leader was. She began to realize that killing him would probably be a lot harder than killing Evilyn.

A loud roar of thunder was heard and Mr. Lordi turned his attention towards the east of them where there stood a tall glass building. A black vortex much like his own was forming at the top of it. He pointed at it.

"There, that is where he is coming." He said and then he let go of Emily's hand and then suddenly his wings appeared on his back and he opened his arms out to her. "Hold onto me Emily and we shall go up." Emily walked over to him and locked her around him, he held her tight and took off the ground and started flying towards the tower.

Emily held onto Mr. Lordi firmly and hoped they would reach the tower fast. A loud roar came thundering from below and Emily managed to look to see that some of the dark demons had become distracted from their objective to destroy them instead of the gargoyle army.

"Watch out Mr. Lordi! They're after us!" She warned him.

Mr. Lordi was aware and then he swooped down as the demons began to fire shadow balls at them. Mr. Lordi dodged them quickly and then proceeded upward once again towards the top of the tower but it was not over. Suddenly something hit him in his right wing,

"Ugh!" he grunted and his wings folded back into his cape and the two of them began to fall towards a building that was lower than their target. Emily screamed and then Mr. Lordi grabbed one of the nearby ledges with his free hand to break their fall. He pulled himself up and then helped Emily after,

"Are you all right?" he asked and Emily nodded again.

Mr. Lordi looked at the tower which was still a distance away. "We have no choice; we have to fight our way there, think you can do that for me, Emily?"

Emily looked at him with honesty, "Yes but I don't think I'll be borrowing your axe this time right?"

"No, you have a power of your own Emily. Remember that necklace is no ordinary necklace. It can keep you safe and allow you to fight as well. Allow it to give you the power to fight," he told her reassuringly.

Emily heeded his words and began to think of what would help her fight. In her mind, she saw herself wielding a sword and cutting demons into pieces and fighting alongside Mr. Lordi like never before. She closed her eyes for a moment forgetting the danger they were in and began to think harder. A faint glow of red light was seen and Emily opened her eyes that floating in front of her was a steel sword with a ruby on the pommel. She took it and realized that her necklace did have a power of its own.

"Unbelievable," Emily said, awestruck as she took a few steps into the open and gave the sword a few swings. If I can wield his axe I can do this too!

Then Mr. Lordi held a hand out to her, "Now we shall take the battle to them, Emily,"

Emily walked towards him, with determination and then took his hand and looked at him with love,

"No matter what happens Emily, you will not die. Stay close to me and do not let go of my hand." He told her. Emily smiled knowing she could trust him. Mr. Lordi drew his axe, spread his wings on his back and the two of them ran towards the edge of the building.

In seconds, the two of them were airborne again this time they were armed. Demons began flying at them quickly. Emily had only one hand to fight and could not miss. One black demon charged towards her like an arrow and she plunged the sword deep into its flesh.

Black blood splattered and rained down to the ground as the creature fell. Mr. Lordi steered himself towards the tower once again chopping five demons that got in his way. A shadow ball came towards them from behind just when Emily turned her head to see something incoming.

"Mr. Lordi, on our six!" she warned him. Mr. Lordi flew upward and the projectile hit one of the buildings instead. Emily turned around once again and noticed no other demons in the sky.

"Why are they retreating? Don't they want to stop us from reaching the tower?" She asked.

Mr. Lordi was alert, "I think they know that there is something waiting for us up there that is our doom to them. If they think that they could not get us then whatever is up there, will." he said and then began flying up the tower.